We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lethbridge...
9 posts
Save Topic
Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

Hi

I know this topic has been covered but I still am not sure where to book. I hoping for a few suggestions from people that have been there recently. I am not very picky but I do have a couple things I am looking for.

1 - Airport transfer - fee or not - just need to get from the airport to the hotel w/o renting a car.

3 - Clean & decently priced. Between $75-$125 per night. And Comfortable.

2 - wifi - prefer free wifi but a per day charge would be fine. Would want access in my room not just public areas.

3 - close to the night life but not in the center of it.

I am traveling on my own would like a trendy pub near by to be able to people watch without being considered creepy. haha!

Thats all. Pretty simple eh? Why can't decide.

If you have any helpful suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

Hi,

Rates are very seasonal so would depend on time of year.

I would suggest somewhere close to or within walking distance of the Waterfront. Sea Point, Green Point, Mouille Point, Cape Quarter all fine. Take a look at www.booking.com.

Atlantic Affair in Sea Point is nice (public transport to Waterfront) also Antrim Villa in Green Point.

The President Hotel in Bantry Bay often has great specials and is close to the sea but you would have to take a bus to the Waterfront.

www.citihopper.co.za is a shuttle service that will collect you at the airport and take you to your Guesthouse.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

1) An Airport Transfer from the Airport to the City Center, Waterfront, Mouille Point, Green Point or even Sea Point should cost nothing more than R300 one way for 1person. There are plenty of transport services available in and around Cape Town. I would maybe suggest that you maybe pre-book your transfer then you are secured that their is somebody waiting for you. If for some reason the person does not pitch, you do have back-up, because there is taxi's at the airport as well.

2) Clean and decent hotels in the City and Waterfront: Commodore Hotel, Portswood Hotel, City Lodge Waterfront, Cape Town Lodge, Hilton Hotel, Dale Court Guest House, North Wharf Hotel, Icon Hotel, Strand Tower Hotel and all within easy walking distance to night life.Another option will also be The Charles Guest House in De Waterkant.

3) Most of them will have free wi-fi and the bets way to book them would be online. It is indeed high season so prices for 1person should be quite a bit high. As recommended: www.booking.com and also www.agoda.com which will possibly give you the best rates.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

Here are some links to a couple of lodgings in the city with whom I and my guests have had extremely good dealings and who also are rated highly on Tripadvisor, for what that is worth.

Bluegum Hill Guest House - http://www.bluegumhill.co.za

Cape Cadogan - www.capecadogan.co.za/

Kensington place - http://www.kensingtonplace.co.za/show/home

Taj Cape Town - www.tajcapetown.co.za/

Villa Zest Boutique Hotel - www.villazest.co.za

2Inn1 Kensington - www.2inn1.com/

You will notice that I have not recommended any accommodation in the V&A Waterfront as I don’t believe that the waterfront is the “Centre of the universe” in Cape Town and I know that you can get far better value for money outside of the waterfront where the above-mentioned lodges are located. Public and private transport are so easily and economically available all over the city that location is in fact not that much of a factor when one considers that you will spend mostly sleeping hours in your accommodation.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

Hello, firstly i use a lady called Maritza who operates a company called In Flight Shuttles - her cell number is +27 82 797 0483. I use for all my guests and have found her to be very reliable and much cheaper than other operators.

Look at Graeme Hotel, (Older but reasonably priced in Green Point). Also Parliament Hotel, also reasonably priced. Cape Milner for more expensive option.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

5. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 22:36
6. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 14:36
Belgium
Level Contributor
316 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

To get from the airport to the city we always take Citishuttles...they charge 220R for up to 2 people per vehicle.

http://www.citishuttles.co.za/

For accomodation that fits into your budget i would recommend Protea Hotel Victoria Junction.

Free wifi and plenty of shops restaurants around.

Lethbridge...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

Thanks everyone for your responses they have all been helpful. Trip is just around the corner.

9. Re: Cape Town - Hotel Suggestions

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:15