We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Millers's Thumb, Cape Town

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
552 reviews
Save Topic
Millers's Thumb, Cape Town

Hi

I've looked on their website and they don't seem to give their opening hours. I seem to remember from previous posts (a while ago now!) that Miller's Thumb was open on a Sunday evening. Do you know if this is still the case?

Thanks

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Millers's Thumb, Cape Town

Oh ok thanks macsym

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Millers's Thumb, Cape Town

Hi guys, I'm bringing my wife and 9 month old twins over for New Year and we have four nights in Cape Town before travelling on down to George for a week - do you know which, if any, of the above named restaurants will accommodate the babies? I was pleasantly surprised that Bistro 1862 does, so we're there for lunch on NY eve, but would love to try somewhere around the V&A and in CT Central. We're staying in Hout Bay, so any recommendations there? They are very well behaved (normally!)

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Millers's Thumb, Cape Town

Ian, you should start a new post with your question. However, just to tell you that my 2 year old grandchild was here for a holiday (with my daughter and son in law of course) BUT hardly ANY REStaurants anywhere were geared for children, even those claiming to be "children friendly". They dont have high chairs nor any chairs which fit onto the table. Their answer for not having any was that "most people keep their babies in their prams, or on their laps. Unacceptable. I told a few to buy a high chair. A few hundred hand even second hand will do. Not sure that they will. So be prepared that most wont have and if they do its a bonus.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Millers's Thumb, Cape Town

Many thanks for that divacape, we'll have to make do I guess, but hopefully we can find one or two places that do have High chairs....

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Millers's Thumb, Cape Town

Not that I am advertising at all but I found that Balduccis and Gibsons at the waterfront and of course The Spurs group all have high chairs or baby chairs

16. Re: Millers's Thumb, Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:17