We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Hello guys !

Is 850 Rands a tad too much for a taxi for 6 people from the airport to Table Bay Hotel ? This is the taxi company used by the hotel.

I am almost sure I paid 250 Rands last year in July when I went, I was on my own.

Can anyone help with a competitive yet reliable taxi service ?

Thank you x

Mukuma

man of kent
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Get a limo its her birthday, probably cheaper it wont be no dearer

London, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Now there's a thought. Thanks Rupert. It is her 50th I guess we can go a bit crazy ! But will it fit our girly luggage I wonder ? Thanks

Edited: 10 January 2014, 19:43
man of kent
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

its about 600 Rand with randys daytours

London, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Thank you Rupert. The cheapest quote I have for limousines is 1900 Rands without champagne ! Will have a look at Randy's !

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Mukuma - R250 is correct for a transfer for 2 people. For 6 people you would need 2 taxis IF they can get all your luggage in. Taxis are about R350-400 for the transfer. Have a look at these 2 companies. - Write to them and ask if they have a mini van for the transfer and what the cost will be for 6 plus luggage - maybe it will be less. I have used both companies but for 2 of us only.. "rikkis" and "centurion". Maybe they can give you a better deal if you dont go with the limo idea.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

A normal rate from the Airport starts at about R250 one way for the first 2people and there after you should be paying about R50 per person added each time. So you should fall at about R500 for an Airport Transfer from the Airport to The Table Bay Hotel in the Waterfront. With that said the transfer should be private as well and everyone can get into the the one vehicle. You should be transported in a called Toyota Quantum which will give you more than enough space and enough space for you luggage as well. You have 4 major taxi operators at the Airport and all of which you will fine in the ground floor. But it is also sometimes really nice to have your transfer pre book.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

London, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Thanks HankD and Diva Cape. I will definitely pre book. The limo is a tad expensive. We have five days in Cape Town and will have so much other stuff to do other than blowing it all on a ride ! It was tempting. Ta

London, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Considering we have paid for 6 rooms over 100,000 Rands, one would think that the hotel should offer airport transfer ? They are a bit tight. It is supposed to 5 star ! I have sent them a second email requesting for a free lift. I am waiting for their response.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

The airport transfers and day tours is normally outsourced to a private company, so you will be very lucky to succeed to get maybe a free airport transfer from them. All the best!

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

London, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi fare from airport to Table Bay Hotel

Thanks Hank. I will update you on their response x