We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-day trip from Cape Town

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
3-day trip from Cape Town

I am a solo female traveler heading to South Africa for work in March. Our group is spending a few nights in Cape Town at Mount Nelson Lodge then flying to Kruger National Park for a 3-day safari, staying at the Kapama River Lodge. I would like to extend my stay for 3-4 days and will be traveling alone those days. Is there a recommended excursion or location that is easily reachable from Cape Town? What are the recommended small group tours in case I go that route? I am just getting started with my research and don't know much about the area yet. Thanks in advance.

Cape Xtreme
Private Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Cultural Tours
People Like Us Safaris - Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3-day trip from Cape Town

Do you have any specific interests maybe or things you wanted to do? If you have 3-4 days it would be great if you could go out to the Garden Route from Cape Town - very very beautiful with lots to do. If you are going to Kruger already then there is no need to do a safari along this route, as some of the tours might include them. Wilderness, Knysna, Tsitsikamma are all awesome and even if you want to go check out the Little Karoo it can be done on the same trip. If you are looking for something closer to Cape Town though look at Cape Agulhas, which is the southern most tip of the continent, and the whale route that leads up to there including the town of Hermanus. Also the winelands regions is good for if you want to relax and just walk around.. spas and that sort of thing...

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3-day trip from Cape Town

Maybe something like this, but it only leaves on a Tuesday?

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3-day trip from Cape Town

You could rent a car and drive around western cape. There are many beautiful routes and places you can cover...the best known is the garden route that will take you to the towns of knysna, wilderness, etc. or you could drive along route 62 which is another touristy route that gors from cape town to oudtshoorn, which is the ostrich capital of the world!! Therre are a lot of things to see and do in oudtshoorn..such as the cango caves, ostrich farms, etc. route 62 is also known to be the longest wine route in western cape...so you could stop at various wine towns.

I recently did a road trip from joburg to cape town and have covered a lot of information and pics on these places in the below blog.

Hope this helps!

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3-day trip from Cape Town

Wow, thank you for the detailed information and responses. I haven't really done much research yet so I'll look into the recommended activities and narrow it down. I would really like to "swim" with the sharks (using the cage, of course) in addition to the 3-day excursion trip.

5. Re: 3-day trip from Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:17