We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Camps Bay rental locations

Atlanta
Level Contributor
871 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Camps Bay rental locations

I'd most appreciate help from those of you in and around Camps Bay / Cape Town area. I've narrowed down our options to four properties and hope you can help me pick the winner. We will be there in mid July for 5 nights with our 3 kids (5-14 years). We will have a car rental but I'd like to be able to walk to restaurants, shops, etc. Since it's winter, I thought a jacuzzi rather than a pool, but maybe it will too cold for even that? I don't care if it's an apt or home (unless I should!) Here's what I'm looking at (all affordable for us and close in price). Thanks very much!

www.capevacationrentals.org/camps-bay-104/

rentalscapetown.biz/accommodation/…

cape-luxury-holidays.com/property/…

cape-luxury-holidays.com/property/…

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Camps Bay rental locations

Wow you can't go wrong with any of those they all look great.. The good life indeed!

Also have a look at some of the village and life properties in Camps Bay http://www.villageandlife.com/camps_bay.html. There are some that is a bit closer to the beach and will make walking to restaurants, etc. easier. Otherwise just look on the maps of those properties and pick the one closest to the beach!

Enjoy your stay!

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Camps Bay rental locations

Hi Dream tripper. The first one is very close to the restaurants and beach although as you say its winter so you probably wont be able to go onto the beach unless youre lucky and the days are warm. Normally its very cold but sometimes we have sunny days (cold and sunny). The 2nd one is also relatively close to the beach.

The 3rd one is in Sea Point and quite a long walk to restaurants and the beach. The last one looks quite far away from the beach.

Youre on holiday so unless you really want a house, an apartment would be more secure. Who offers you more for the price.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
871 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Camps Bay rental locations

gtmarais, thanks for the advice. I did peruse the maps but since I don't really know where the shops and restaurants are, it's hard to know what the maps are telling me. Thankfully the rates are R2000-2750 for winter. No way could we afford to stay there in summer!

divacape, very precise, excellent feedback. THANK YOU! I think we will go with #1 as that's the property I was leaning towards anyway. Good point about the security of the apt > house. The #1 is the least expensive on the list, so I think it's the winner. It's killing me that we are going from summer in the US to winter in SA (and I'm definitely a warm weather person!).

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Camps Bay rental locations

I also liked the look of no 1 I must say. Cant you tell I'm a realtor lol! Yeah I also hate leaving the summer to go away in winter. I like to leave the winter here to go to the States in SUmmer there. But you never know, we do have some nice sunny days in winter too. Its not that cold here although this winter was one of the coldest we had. During the day it can range from about 10 to 20 degrees but hardly ever below 10.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
871 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Camps Bay rental locations

Update. We are currently in #1 link up thread. It is fabulous! Walk to restaurants and beach. Just as photos. So lovely!!

6. Re: Help with Camps Bay rental locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:16