We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! So clueless...

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help! So clueless...

We're going to be in Cape Town for 6 days. We'll be in SA for 12 days--we're traveling to CTown from JoBurg.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with planning because I keep running across conflicting information about how long it takes to travel to various sites within the city.

We're hoping to stay at this address: Cape Town, Western Cape 8060, South Africa.

We're hoping to visit the Cape of Good Hope, Boulders Beach, Table Mountain, Cape Peninsula and Whale Watching.

Can we do all of that in six days? And do we need to rent a car?

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! So clueless...

The Cape of Good Hope and Boulders Beach are part of the Cape Peninsula tour which you can do by joining a tour or self driving. This is usually a day-long tour which would include other stops. There are some interesting towns, views, lunch stops along the route.

Table Mountain - this you should do on the first clear day of your stay in Cape Town as the cable car often not running due to the clouds or wind, This can be reached from a location in Cape Town - you did not say where exactly you are going to stay - by taxi, car, new public bus I believe. It is also a stop on the HOHO bus route - this is also recommended.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! So clueless...

Thank you! The address says Western Cape.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4,827 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! So clueless...

"Cape Town, Western Cape 8060, South Africa" is not of any use for anyone to be able determine where you will be, in relation to Cape Town attractions, as this could be almost anywhere within greater Cape Town.

An accurate address will be more helpful

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! So clueless...

8060 seems to be Sea Point. But there are other postcodes which also apply in parts of Sea Point so it would be more helpful if you told us exactly where you're staying. Western Cape is massive - like a state in the USA.

What time of year are you visiting?

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! So clueless...

From the city centre it takes about 45 minutes to reach False Bay, at Muizenberg, from here you drive beside the coast & should watch for whales, Kalk Bay is quaint & best fish in CT, between Fish Hoek & Simon's Town is Glencairn beach, when tide is high the whales are really close here. The time distance between these places on average is 10 minutes but once you leave Boulders its a good 20 minutes to reach Cape Point. When you leave here turn left & head to Chapman's Peak Drive, travelling along the west side & see the sunset.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! So clueless...

You're in Cape Town but whereabouts it's like me saying I am staying in L.A but it could be Venice or santana Monica or downtown or the valley or culver city or Beverly Hills. Perhaps you need to do a search or tell us the proper address and suburb of Cape Town.

7. Re: Help! So clueless...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16