We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best Safari

Lahore, Punjab...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
The best Safari

Hey Guys,

We are heading to Cape Town in the 1st week of August. Can someone please recommend a 1-2 day Safari? We are 2 adults and 2 kids with a budget of US$1,000 a day(ZAR 10,500 per day). The main concern is to have comfortable stay and kids to see animals Up Close(We do not want to hunt). Can any of you experts help us recommend a place please.

Thank you

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best Safari

"the best safari" you could have in South Africa would be in the Greater Kruger National Park area, without a doubt.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best Safari

Close to Cape Town you have a game reserve called, Inverdoorn Private Game Reserve, www.inverdoorn.com . Within a easy 3hr drive from Cape Town and perfect for an overnight stay with your kids, they will love it. It will be however nothing compare to the Greater Kruger National Park or even close to The Okuvango Delta, but at least an experience that you wil remember and enjoy. All the best!!

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

south africa
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The best Safari

Cape Town is definitely not going to compare to a safari in Kruger but if I had to go anywhere I would try Sanbona, how old are your kids though as some places would not allow younger kids on game drives. Aug is still out of season so you could probably get a decent price if you shopped around!

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The best Safari

The best Safari is the one you enjoyed the most and it starts with choosing the one which is MOST LIKELY to deliver just that.

I use a Game Reserve that has a good amount of animals BUT the difference to the other places around Cape Town is the experience which they offer.

I think that one could best describe any "Safari" around Cape Town as a Game Viewing Experience. It is viewing of Animals in a controlled BUT natural enviroment

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
966 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best Safari

Hi Omar,

Kruger is the best for safari experience. If you have time would suggest staying 2 nights in Sabi Sands and 2 nights in KNP.

Are you visiting Garden Route? Then if restricted on time them can visit one of the reserve for a day.

If you need anything feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Kavita

6. Re: The best Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16