We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

My husband has to go to Cape Town for work next week and needs to find a hotel. We are not familiar with Cape Town and don't have much time to research. From what I can gather the V&A area is a good place to stay. Am I correct in thinking that or would you recommend somewhere else? He will just catch a taxi to work each day so just wants somewhere to stay which has good WiFi and places to eat within close walking distance,

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

Cape Town is a rather large city, takes over an hour to go across it in the rush hour. What suburb/part of town does he have to do business in? Presume you are not coming with him?

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

The V@A area is a good location. I would recommend the Breakwater Lodge. It's within safe walking distance to the V@A Waterfront. The hotel is part of the Protea Hotels Group and on the same premises as the University of Cape Town Business School.

Many of my clients stay there and find it both very comfortable and good value for money. Taxis are parked right outside the door of the hotel.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

A business visit is quite different to a tourist visit. The Vineyard Hotel is great for Rondebosch/Claremont area. There are great hotels in Century City for the northern business areas. Somerset West is also regarded as part of Cape Town by the international business community, and that has its hotel options. My regular business visitors are preferring to stay outside of the tourist areas.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

My husband will be doing business in the Woodstock area on Albert street. Unfortunately I won't be going with him.

Thanks

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

Albert Street, Woodstock is a bit of a tough area, close to the city center - the nearest hotels are at V&A Waterfront, but they are pricey. Some of my colleagues like the City Lodge there.

Cape Town, Western...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

V&A would be great as all the things on your checklist are there. Restaurants in walking distance, Taxis are lined up :-)

Try proteahotels.com/hotels/Pages/protea-hotel-v…

or www.legacyhotels.co.za/en/hotels/portswood We stayed at this hotel and the service - AMAZING, excellent for business visits.

All the best!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

Thank you for all the replies. He has found a suitable hotel in V&A. Would there be anything you would recommend he see/do on his one free day? Thanks again!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

Table Mountain off course and that he can do via the Hop on Hop off bus, www.citysightseeing.co.za and making use of the red route.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside,great for business ,very safe.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

The Double Tree is in a seedy, crime-ridden area . . . wouldn't walk outside that hotel day or night. Its high rating on TA comes from a huge amount of 1 review posters.