We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

My husband has to go to Cape Town for work next week and needs to find a hotel. We are not familiar with Cape Town and don't have much time to research. From what I can gather the V&A area is a good place to stay. Am I correct in thinking that or would you recommend somewhere else? He will just catch a taxi to work each day so just wants somewhere to stay which has good WiFi and places to eat within close walking distance,

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

we spent a few hours in Woodstock last year, it is an up and coming trendy area popular with young people, but not where i would want to stay in otherwise beautiful CT.

staying at V &A and taking the HOHO bus is an excellent suggestion for a short stay.

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

I ran a business in Woodstock for 15 years and still own property there (where my son is in business) so I know it very well. There are a few sections that are really "up & coming", but most of Woodstock is problematic. It is the most desired area of African "refugees", mostly from the former French colonies of west Africa. The Biscuit Mill area, on Albert Road, is the real hotspot right now, almost to the exclusion of the rest. (The Palms Center was just starting to take off when the Biscuit Mill came along and sucked everyone away)

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Cape Town, South Africa
13. Re: Which area of Cape Town to stay in for business trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16