We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Franschhoek

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Franschhoek

Hi,

I will be arriving into Cape Town airport and will be heading for Franschhoek the following morning from my hotel, I will not be hiring a car, so would like some idea of the cost of a Taxi, or are there any transfer companies that go out that way, and a rough idea of the travel time.

Thanks for any information or suggestions, MP.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Franschhoek

I am now not sure if you will be staying at the Airport or in the city. But from the City Center to Franschoek the travelling time is about 1hr15mins and taxi's can easily charge between R350 - R450 one way or even more. You can have a look at some of the tour companies here on Tripadvisor on the activities section and send then some requests for transfers such as yours.

All the best!

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Franschhoek

No need to spend the night in a hotel in CT, you could transfer direct to Franschoek from CT airport .

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Franschhoek

Your message is not quite clear. Where will you be staying the night of your arrival? No point back tracking to Cape Town so why not go straight to Franschhoek?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Franschhoek

Hi,

www.citihopper.co.za is a shuttle service and charge R480 from the airport to Franschhoek for two passengers.

Add R40 after 10 p.m. and before 7 a.m.

manchester
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Franschhoek

Thank you for the replies, It is my first visit to Cape town, and it is not as far as i thought.

MP.

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
968 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Franschhoek

I would also suggest going straight to Franschhoek. Also ask at your accomodation in Franschhoek they may offer an airport transfer.

Enjoy Franschhoek - its a great place to stay.

7. Re: Getting to Franschhoek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 05:17