Hello! Does anyone have a recommendation on which Cape Town area to stay overnight during a 4 or 5-night vacation for my girlfriend and I? Do tourists usually prefer to stay in Cape Town city, or is another part of the area a better value, like Hermanus or areas of the wine lands?
We are looking to stay in an area that is:
1) A good value,
2) Easy to get to/from everything, and
3) An area that is walking-friendly to nearby sights and restaurants.
We will have a car, and can drive ourselves.
We are adventurous, love to explore, and already made a list of things we want to do:
- Whale watching in Hermanus
- Penguins in Betty's Bay
- Wineries in Paarl, Hermanus area, and maybe other nearby towns
- Table Mountain
- Cape of Good Hope
- Robben Island
- Walking around and seeing the sights.
Thanks! Look forward to hearing your suggestions on where to focus our hotel searches.Edited: 22 August 2014, 19:11