We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

Reuth5
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

We are going to the Reef Resort for 5 nights, 2 adults and 2 teenagers (one of which is a rapidly growing teenage boy!) The all-inclusive meal/drink plan will add $1750 to our hotel costs - from those who have been there, is it worth it for us to go all-inclusive, or more practical to eat out?

PA
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

I think you should go to the Reef's website and check out their lunch and dinner menu....or perhaps you already have? That'll give you a good idea of whether it's worth it to you. A few other considerations are how much you drink...and, if you like grilling, there is a grill there for anyone's use and you just need buy charcoal and meat/produce for a real $ saver.

I've not had the pizza at the beach bar yet, but spoke with a young guy (early 20's) last year who LOVED the all inclusive, always had a burger, fries or pizza in his hand and wore a hole in the beach bar seat. :) Now, THAT would be worth it.....he was also old enough to drink and repeatedly wanted to prove that. :)

The food has been quite good lately....but I think it's a shame not to go to Rum Point for a day, and get burgers and fries there, and Kaibo beach bar for casual food, and Over the Edge for a meal, and the new Tukka restaurant......just to try a few more places. Just my 2 cents worth....and you would feel like you were paying double if you did the all inclusive and ate elsewhere, right? Kind of like when we used to go on cruises.....we almost never bought food at any of the stops because it was part of the price of the cruise.

Either way.....expect to pay a good price...but the view is included. :)

Celine

Reuth5
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

Thanks for the input - I have not been able to find the restaurant menus on the reef website. Can you point me there?

PA
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

my pleasure........hit the Activities button, then scroll down to dining...there are files for lunch and dinner and the BFM dinner/show and I think the bar menu. It all makes me hungry! :)

You're going to have a wonderful time by the way.......we used to always stay at the Westin Hotel on 7MB, and it was wonderful, but no different than many islands we'd been on..........then we went to the Reef, stepped out on that oceanfront balcony with the glorious tradewinds and palm trees and the water just a couple minutes walk from the resort and we've never wanted to go anywhere since. I'm always so excited to hear about people going there for the first time.

Celine

PA
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

you know, just thought of something else you can do to save some money...we always pick up eggs, bacon, bread, butter, jam and tea and make breakfast in the room......saves a good bit of cash and that way no one sees how much food I can eat first thing in the morning! I tell myself it's good to be well fortified before all the snorkeling. :) You can also pick up frozen something or others to put in the freezer for an inexpensive meal.

It would, however, be a shame not to go the Barefoot Man dinner/show and think the teenage boys will like it too.

Celine

Reuth5
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

Thank you - the menus look great! I guess I just have to weigh out which option is the best deal for me & my 3 kids. Do you have any advice on the best ways getting to/from the airport (I wasn't planning to rent a car, unless that would be a more cost-effective option to get around)? We are planning to take a day and go to Georgetown and Stingray city, and maybe another to go to Rum Point - are these trips best arranged through the concierge at the Reef when we arrive? I really appreciate any advice you have, since this is our first time in the Caymans and we will only be there for 5 nights...

PA
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

I'd rent a car....Marshalls car rental has given us the best deal lately, but Andy's is also good. If you rent a car, you can just come and go as you please, obviously, and I think a better way to get the most out of the five days....which will go FAST!

Check on this board, or perhaps one of the destination experts will remember off the top of their head...for the days that just a couple cruise ships will be in Georgetown when you go......it's a small area with not a lot of shops and some will close down if there are no ships in and when there are 5 or so ships you will be crowded in the stores. You can easily do the Stingray City trip thru the Reef though.

I would try to squeeze in the Turtle Farm if you have the time as well....turtles, iguanas, birds, sharks, etc. that you won't want to miss and best by rental car.....you can maybe do Georgetown then Turtle Farm. Just a suggestion......I'm sure others will have more suggestions.

Did you also check out the activities on the activity schedule for the Reef?

When are you going?

7. Re: All-inclusive plan at The Reef Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:20