We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morritts Tortuga Club Construction

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Morritts Tortuga Club Construction

I received an email from RCI that said construction of a new building began on April 2 and will last for 18 months. We are going in the middle of May and we sure hope that construction noise doesn't ruin our vacation. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club Construction

cayman27.com.ky/2012/04/04/morritts-breaks-n…

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club Construction

Just because they broke ground doesn't mean that construction is imminent. (They broke ground for our community's on-site health center more than six months ago and nothing has even started yet) Like in most islands where most materials have to be imported, things have a tendency to move slowly. I would contact Morritt's and see if they can provide you with a schedule of what may be going on while you're there and the hours construction will take place. If you are not assigned to a particular unit already, I'd get my request in to be as far from the construction as possible - before everyone else does the same. I'd also ask if they are providing any discounts or other incentives during construction. Often hotels/resorts will do this to keep business during construction so that people don't cancel to avoid any noise and possibly go somewhere else.

Harker Heights...
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club Construction

I understand your concern so I will share this with you: About a decade ago, we booked our stay the Villas of the Galleon on 7mb not realizing the large scale construction going on right next door. Worse, our unit sat as close to the property line as possible to said development. They even placed a device under the bed in the master bedroom to measure and record the vibration impact in our villa. I am sure that was not something they did throughout the build but since they were piledriving pilings into the site no more than 30 feet away, it could have been useful info.

Had I known about the construction, I would have asked to move or changed properties just to be on the safe side. Since I didn't know until arrival, we decided to take a "wait and see" approach to the problem.

As it turned out, we didn't have cause to complain. During the day, it got a little noisy at times so we moved down the beach a little.

For us, we were either off property seeing the sites or far away enough that it was no issue. When quitting time came, it was vacay as usual. I do not recall this trip to have been hampered at all.

I saw the Morritts ground breaking video on line and, if I were staying at Morritts again soon, I think I'd be OK but would do what I could to distance myself from the new building site since I know about it beforehand.

Just stay where you want and adapt so you can enjoy your stay. I hope it works out as well for you as it did for us.

4. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club Construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:40
Get answers to your questions about East End