We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction at the morritts tortuga resort

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
construction at the morritts tortuga resort

Has anyone taken pictures of the constructon at the Tortuga resort? Going in October was wondering how its going.

Is it better to book rental car for five people ahead of time, or wait till we get to the airport.? Thanks

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

For 5 people who will all have luggage, IMOyou'll need a van, so I'd definitely book ahead of time as the number of vans available is much more limited than regular cars. Will also allow you to comparison shop for price, if that is a concern. The cars in GC tend to be smaller than in the US so IMO even a full-sized vehicle would be cramped and the trunk space insufficient for 5 people, unless everyone wants to share their space with some luggage!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

definitely agree with Barb about doing it ahead of time....but then I do everything ahead of time. comparison price shopping is easier to do online.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

Thanks, for the information about the van rental.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

If you are staying on the East End (where Morritts is located) and are a group of 5, you might want to look into renting a car from McCurley’s. They pick you up at the airport (in a huge van that has room for all of your luggage) and drive you to Morritts (with a stop for groceries on the way) where you find your car. They also would pick you up at Morritts when you are leaving the island and take you to the airport.

If you chose this option, you would not have to rent a van just to carry all of your luggage. This might be a cheaper option.

mccurley@candw.ky

Jay, New York
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

i am going to morritts-tortuga this weekend for a week. do they have any type of shuttles service or just rent a car?? what is dress code for restaurants too?? t-shirts-shorts or regular shirt with pants?? is the restaurant @ resort good,expensive??? Dunkin donuts closeby i am told?? any suggestions would b appreciated. kevin mcdonald-kjmcdonald7@frontier.com

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

Never dined at the Morritt's on-site restaurants, but just to advise, the Dunkin Donuts thereand elsewhere in GC have all closed.

From the Morritt's website...

TROPICANA TOURS IS NOW SERVICING MORRITT’S

The airport to Morritts at $32 USD per person… for reservations call 345-949-0944 or e-mail admin@tropicana-tours.com

May want to delete your post since it has what I presume is your email address. that is unless you want it harvested by a Spambot. :)

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

Dress at the Morritt's is "Resort Casual". Most men were wearing tropical shirts and shorts even at dinner.

We just returned from the Morritt's and rented a car from McCurley's. In my opinion it was the best way to go. As mentioned above, picked up at the airport, grocery stop can be worked into price if you ask, and the car was waiting at the Resort. No need to find your way through the city traffic while adjusting to driving on the left side of the road. Plenty of room in the van for our luggage (group of four) and we had a Nissan Sentra for tooting around the Island. Beth Ann will then pick you up for transport back to the airport on your last day and they pick up the car at the Resort.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

I didn't take pictures of the construction but the building is located in front of the Housekeeping/Guest Laundry Building (immediately to the right of the Lobby/Reception building). They are just starting to lay the blocks for the first floor walls. Very early in the process at this point. Noise was kept to a minimum.....barely noticeable.

9. Re: construction at the morritts tortuga resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:16