We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

Which Oyster Pond hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
283 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

How do I get from the Westin Dawn Hotel to Daniel's By The Sea?

I know these 2 establishments are relatively close to each other, but should I take a taxi? How much will a taxi cost?

We're only here for one night before our cruise.

We'll be there in just 2 weeks!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,681 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

If you can clear some rocks you could walk along the beach - this is the shortest and most direct route. This route may or may not be possible.

The street side is a huge hill to the other side where the restaurant is located. Walking is not recommended - a very short taxi ride.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

they are on opposite sides of dawn beach. we stay in that area and i completely agree with bobcat. the small rock configuration along the beach (closer to daniels than the westin) may or may not be passible depending on the tide and your flexibility. fyi daniels by the sea is known as mr busby's during the day.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
283 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

Thanks!

So would you guess that the cab ride would only be $5 or $6?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,681 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

yes...or $7.00....

Suwanee, Georgia
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

Big Fish is a much nicer restaurant and right next door to Daniels by the Sea. Pricing about the same for both places.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
943 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

I second the Big Fish. Much nicer spot.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

absolutely love Big Fish's food but if it's a night when service and attitude is poor it can ruin your dining experience! that's the only bad thing i can say about Big Fish and it happens more than it should. (you can research the threads here in the forum) being Italian and very spoiled with homemade italian food and restaurants in nyc, philly and chicago haven't had dinner at daniel's so can't comment 1st hand (only for mr busby's for breakfast and lunch).

8. Re: How do I get from the Westin Dawn...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Oyster Pond
Recent Conversations