We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering Honeymoon at Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

St. Petersburg...
1 post
Save Topic
Considering Honeymoon at Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

Hello! My fiance and I are considering taking a honeymoon trip to OBBR in late October or mid November 2013. We would be exchanging a timeshare and there are two date options as of now, both efficiency style rooms. Not sure what month would be better weather?

Is this a good location (Oyster Pond) to honeymoon in general? I see a lot of discussion about renovations at the hotel, are these completed yet, or are they scheduled to be completed by October? I am wondering what our chances are of getting an updated room or not. What activities would everyone recommend to do during our time there? What about extending our time there after OBBR and going to another area of St Maarten for a couple days?

Thanks in advance for any advice!! :)

Austin
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Considering Honeymoon at Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

I'm here for first time sitting at infinity pool close to midnight just chillin. Been here for 3 nights and 5 to go. Only advice I can say is ........paradise. Nuff said.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Considering Honeymoon at Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

Well that's a nice reassurance from someone who's there! Is there a bus stop nearby?

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Considering Honeymoon at Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

Don't know if you decided to book OBBR for your honeymoon but if you did, you must rent a car and see the island! Just got back 2 days ago - rented from Alize's and it was $215 including tax for the week. We went with our 2 pre-teen boys so I didn't get to the see the islands "romantic" side but we found a lot to do and the infinity pool is beautiful. You MUST ask for a renovated, oceanfront room (you can call a few days in advance and they will put your request in the computer) - it makes all the difference. We did and sitting on the balcony with the waves lapping 20 ft away and the ocean breezes......very nice.

4. Re: Considering Honeymoon at Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Oyster Pond
Recent Conversations