We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Venise

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
One Day in Venise

Hi , will be reaching Venise late afternoon on Monday and leaving on Wednesday morning. Is it durable to visit Dodge Palace and Murono Island on this short trip? Or should I just spend my time lazing around in the city?

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in Venise

DOGE's palace requires some two hours to be visited.

MURANO requires at least ten minutes to get there (from Fondamente Nove), some forty minutes from St.Mark's, then it's up to you how much time to spend there.

You can for example visit Doge's Palace in the morning then Murano in the afternoon, however, unless you're really into glass making, I'd suggest to spend your afternoon wandering in the city of Venice proper.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 17:20
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,126 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in Venise

You are in Venice a short while, there is plenty to see ,unless you are really interested in Glass , I would not bother with Murano,

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in Venise

Definitely skip Murano. Murano is a small village in the style of Venice, but all less opulent.

Check the Doge's Palace, the Basilica, walk towards Punta della Dogana and have a short ferrytrip to Isola San Giorgio, opposite of Piazza San Marco. Oh, and a nice lunch and dinner of course!

Enjoy, Venice is lovely (and 1 day is not enough...;-)

4. Re: One Day in Venise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:17