We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

How long will it take to get to the airport via private water taxi from Sant Angelo boat stop? We have a 1:15 pm flight to the US out of Venice and would like to arrive between 10 and 10:30 am. We are a family of 5 so it isn't much more for us to book a private taxi and thought it would be a nice way to leave Venice.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,868 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

Good advice given on your other post on the subject,

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
32 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

By private water taxi you will get to the airport in about 30minutes, but from Sant'Angelo dock you can get to the airport also by Alilaguna - orange line, you will arrive in 01 hour but it is cheaper (15€/person). Check on www.alilaguna.it for scheduled time

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,868 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

Take a Water Taxi being there are 5 of you,

california
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

In 2009, my daughter and I took a taxi from the Marco Polo Airport into Venice. We bought our ticket for the taxi at a desk in the airport, and I believe that it was 90 Euros for both of us, but worth every penny as it let us off VERY close to our hotel and the driver helped load and unload our two huge pieces of luggage. We left Venice by train for Florence and Rome. You can ask at the hotel reception desk the night before you leave if they would please arrange a taxi for you and what the price will be. Getting a taxi through your hotel will make certain that the taxi isn't a rip-off. In 2007, when my sister and I arrived in Venice by train, the taxi drivers outside the Santa Lucia train station wanted 90 Euros just for a ten to 15 min. ride to our hotel. That was a rip-off. In a taxi, it takes about 30 minutes from Venice to the airport and you don't have to wait for a vaporetto which IS cheaper, but takes about an hour.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

Often if you book via the hotel the hotel takes a %. Thus making the cost higher. best way is to lre book direct with the taxi comp - then the rate is confirmed at the time of booking,

There are now stricter regulations regarding rates / meteres and unmetred and there are signs at all council run taxi stations giving the rates.

Chicago
Level Contributor
318 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

Is the private water taxi ride from the train station to San Marco 10 to 15 min?

7. Re: Getting to MP Airport via private water taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 05:21