We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel/ Area to stay with three little ones & 2 nights!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Hotel/ Area to stay with three little ones & 2 nights!

Hi,

We will be travelling two adults and three kids (1,3,4) on train into Venezia Santa Lucia arriving in the afternoon on a Saturday in August. We plan to check into our hotel, walk around that evening, catch a couple of lazy sites and get dinner before turning in. We will then have all day Sunday to explore (at leisurely pace) before heading back to the hotel for our second night and then plan to head back to train station early Monday morning to leave.

We will have probably one large piece of luggage, baby back pack and "possibly" a double push-chair if people think this is reasonable but I think given the short walking distances and my 3 and 4 yo's capabilities to walk around, we may not need it.

Where would be the best place to stay? Should we stay in accomodation close to the train station OR would we be better off staying closer to St Marks square?

Any hotel suggestions? We would need one with a family room that could accomodate us all. Looking at rates up to $400/ night at most,

Thanks

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel/ Area to stay with three little ones & 2 nights!

Train station would be a good idea and yes bring a buggy .. Venice is tiring on the legs ..more than you think.

Not sure on the conversion rates but for a family room try the Principe, Amadeus they are the larger ones in this area.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel/ Area to stay with three little ones & 2 nights!

I agree on how tiring Venice can be (my Sis & BiL, and two very athletic preteen kids who are all much more athletic than I, were very worn out after a couple days of following me around a couple summers ago, though they are in much better physical shape, or so they thought), but would also suggest in that price range Ca' Dogaressa or Domus Orsoni, which have family rooms which should be big enough for you and easy to reach from the train station.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel/ Area to stay with three little ones & 2 nights!

Thanks guys!

I took your advice and booked a hotel near the train station - went with A La Locanda di Orsaria! Looks pretty good. Anyone have any experience with this hotel?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel/ Area to stay with three little ones & 2 nights!

Convenient location, its small friendly has a good name.

5. Re: Best Hotel/ Area to stay with three little ones & 2 nights!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:16