We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers to venice .... help !

Worcester, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
First timers to venice .... help !

Morning

My self and 3 friends are heading to Venice for 3 nights in May. We are flying into Treviso Airport via Ryanair and slightly confused on how we get from there to our hotel in Dorsoduro 995. I have heard that Ryanair have busses waiting for there flights, my folks say get the train and friends are on about water taxies ... any help would be great.

Also any suggestions or tips for this trip would be great

Lorna

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,139 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

There is a Bus (ATVO) which meets up with Ryan Air flights, €10 one way 418 return, I think this is the easiest and most straight forward way, this goes to Piazzale Roma ,in Venice terminus for motor vehicles, from there you take a Vaporetto to your Hotel or if not far walk,

A Train would be cheaper, but you have to get to Treviso Station if you are not familiar with the area no so straight forward,

Not Water Taxis . Treviso Airport is in land,

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,139 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

For that area of Dorsoduro you need a Vaporetto to Accademia , line 1 or 2, would think you are staying at Palazzo Guardi, a good choice,

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

Dorsoduro 995 locates in Calle del Pistor which can be reached from Piazzale Roma (terminus of the bus from Treviso airport):

- by foot (some 20 mins)

- by waterbus line 5.1 or 6 to Zattere

- by waterbus line 2 or 1 to Accademia

Urban bus + train is less straightforward but much cheaper than ATVO bus (€4,20 vs €10 p.p.)

Worcester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

Hey

Thank you both , I think it will be the bus to the Piazzale Roma and then Vapporetto to hotel ...

Are the vapporettos like London underground ie you get a ticket which lasts for 4 days for unlimited use or do you have to get a ticket for each trip ? Do they run on a timetable as well ?

Lorna

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

Of course they run on a timetable.

Why do you think they shouldn't?

See timetables and fares at www.actv.it/en/

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,139 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

You can buy a Venice Travel Card for 3 nights would think a 72 hour would suffice @ €35 , as each one off ride is €7, it is a big saving, but Venice not big and walkable although tiring, you may not feel you would need to buy, these can be bought from any manned Vaporetto stop, also automatic machines, if you buy this ticket has to be validated every time you use it, , yes it works somewhat like the London tube,

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,111 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

You should pick up a nice guidebook; lots of this info will be in it as well as the history/background of the city/sites. How to know what you are visiting or looking at without such a book?

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

hi i am going to venice in june 15 2014 till 17/18 june 2014. I will be coming from berne so want to know where to take hotel & how to see best things in 2-3 days. i want cheap b/b hotel type

9. Re: First timers to venice .... help !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 05:16