We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CG/RV Park Availability for Large Motorhome Memorial Wkend?

jq
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
661 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
CG/RV Park Availability for Large Motorhome Memorial Wkend?

Just wondering if anyone who lives nearby or goes here a lot, if finding a campground space with hookup. Ks for 38ft motorhome will be a problem anywhere near Lancaster, Hersey, Gettysburg will be a problem on Memorial Day Weekend? We are leaving this Saturday from Sacramento to East Coast, Wash DC, then Lancaster area for few days before heading to Niagara Falls. Not planning to make reservations on this trip unless really necessary, except maybe day before. Little worried about this weekend.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
987 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CG/RV Park Availability for Large Motorhome Memorial Wkend?

Just to check, I looked at the Modern Campsites on the State Park Reservation system for Memorial Day weekend for some of the parks in the region. Caledonia, Codorus, French Creek, and Gifford Pinchot are still showing availability--Pine Grove Furnace is full. I didn't check as far as looking at the hook-ups/pull-through sites/etc.

You can always keep checking on the site:

www.pa.reserveworld.com/SearchAmenity.aspx

Make sure you choose "Dutch Country Roads" as the region. Whether you plan to stay in a state park or not, it does give you some insight into how many people in the area are planning to be camping that weekend. :) Sounds like you'll have a great trip!

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CG/RV Park Availability for Large Motorhome Memorial Wkend?

Personally, I would not risk it. As you are probably aware most Lancaster County campgrounds don't allow you to book online so its difficult to know who is booked full without calling.

Memorial day is a busy time in Lancaster County, Hershey and, I would assume Gettysburg. I would book ahead.

3. Re: CG/RV Park Availability for Large Motorhome Memorial Wkend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:18