We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay and what to see?

Level Contributor
4 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay and what to see?

My husband and I are traveling to Lancaster County for a two or three days the last week of July. I don't want to stay at a hotel, with all of the reasonable and well-reviewed bed and breakfasts in the country-side. We're arriving on a Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, and leaving for Philly on Friday morning. Which town in Lancaster County would be recommended to stay in? We will have a car and want to see Amish country/areas. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. With all of the different B&Bs in the little towns, it's a tough decision to make (especially knowing nothing about the area) so input would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions on "must see" or "should see" would be appreciated. thanks!!

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay and what to see?

Band B's are all unique, so making reccomendations is tough without knowing your preferences.

We normally stay with my parents when we return to Lancaster County, but have stayed at two Band B's. enjoying them both. They are both mid-range rather than luxurious.

Apple Bin Inn , in Willow Street Is homey, with quilts on the bed, and an excellent library of books and DVD's.

The breakfasts are superb. The innkeepers very knowledgable of the area and friendly. Not in the Amish area per se, but within a 15 miniute drive of most tourist attractions.

Flowers and Thyme, is also country themed. Very good breakfasts, friendly innkeepers. Very attractive grounds and 3 large common rooms. In the country, within about 10 minutes of the main tourist areas.

As to what to do, visit the excellent tourist website www.padutchcountry.com for ideas. there is much more to do than you have time for.

Narrow down your interests and we can give input.

Edited: 12 May 2014, 11:34
2. Re: Where to stay and what to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16