We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Poneloya?

WI
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Poneloya?

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Poneloya? Or even as far south as Pochomil? We are looking to stay right on the beach - just two of us. Also, can anyone tell me what there is to do there? Many restaurants, bars, fishing, etc?

6 replies to this topic
1. Re: Lodging in Poneloya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 15:24

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,662 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Poneloya?

Natalie Please be a little less obvious in promoting your own Vrbo

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Poneloya?

I will say Suyapa Beach in Las Penitas

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Poneloya?

I will either go to Suyapa beach, Barca del oro or Ola azul. the night life here is quite slow except for eastern or end of the year so do not expect that much of a night life

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in Poneloya?

If you want something cheaper, stay clear of the foreigners renting their houses online.

Just show up into town....check into a hostel, and then ask around for local rentals.

You are pretty much guaranteed to find some for half the price on the bnb type websites, though to be honest they may not be as luxurious, so depends on what you are looking for.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
190 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging in Poneloya?

I am responding here since people cannot see my original post which listed about 8 places to stay in Las Penitas/Poneloya at every price range. I have been on this board for years chiming in on a host of topics related to Nicaragua. And I am not just "some foreigner who rents their house."

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone and sorry if I did. But I'm frankly flabbergasted that it was taken that way when many other posters mention their hotels by name in every post they post on the forum?

Reply to: Lodging in Poneloya?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Poneloya
Recent Conversations