We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prettiest countryside near Orange early Sept?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Prettiest countryside near Orange early Sept?

I am taking the train from Paris to Orange with a friend who will only have the benefit of 2 days in Provence. I'd like him to see some really pretty landscapes and be able to do some hiking/long walks. I realize we've missed the lavender and sunflowers, and don't know when the vendage starts. (We'll be there 03 and 04-Sept.) I am open to either renting a car for one day or hiring a guide. Are there any obvious choices of villages/areas for the best scenery? Wine tasting itself would not be the focus of the day. The rest of my time I figured I would explore Avignon and Arles or Aix, which could be reached by bus or train, which is why I hadn't planned on just renting a car from Paris to begin with.

1. Re: Prettiest countryside near Orange early Sept?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 November 2015, 20:22
Edited: 01 November 2015, 20:22
Provence
Level Contributor
802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prettiest countryside near Orange early Sept?

I would also recommend the Gigondas/vacqueyras/beaume de venise part

Other quaint villages not to be mist:

Seguret (a must see)

Venasque,

Isle sur la sorgue (a bit further south)

I believe the Gigondas tourist office can provide hicking maps (as well as escalading)

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prettiest countryside near Orange early Sept?

Please keep in mind that this has been an extremely hot AND dry Summer in much of Provence, and that many hiking trails are normally closed to the public every September and even into mid-October because of concerns regarding forest fires.

4. Re: Prettiest countryside near Orange early Sept?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 01:15