We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches without music

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches without music

Hi all we are going to Ag Paraskevi on Friday just reading about beaches and a lot seem to be quite lively, can anyone recommend a beach without music being played.

We won't be hiring a car as OH drives for a living and likes to have a break on holiday. I do like the sound of Mandraki is the walk reasonable for fairly unfit people?

Many Thanks

Angela

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches without music

Most beaches don't have music, bit of a variable, but try these - Ag Paraskevi, Troulos, Vromolimnos south end, Kanapitsa, Tzaneria, Achladies, Koutsouras, Mandraki.

It takes about 30 mins to walk to Mandraki beach from bus stops #23 or #24. You don't have to be fit, it's a gentle slope through the pine woods on a sandy track shaded by the trees.

Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
943 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches without music

" I do like the sound of Mandraki is the walk reasonable for fairly unfit people?"

You would find it very hard to walk for 30 minutes if you are not fit! I defo would not do it!

RPG

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches without music

And it's a "gentle" slope back up at the end of the day, walking in sand, in the heat!! I am fairly fit and active but I don't think I would enjoy the walk back up again! We hired a jeep and parked it as far down as we could. Call me lazy!

UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches without music

When we went to Ag Paraskevi beach we could hear the music before we'd got off the bus. Suffice to say we got straight back on the next one and out of there.

halifax
Level Contributor
878 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches without music

We were on Koukanaries beach last September and only heard music if close to the bar or taverna but the beach is so large I am sure you could find a spot away from the music if you prefer.

I always take my tiny i pod then I can choose the kind of music that I like to listen to without offending anyone else apart from my O H when he's talking to me and I don't hear .

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches without music

Hi Lalkav UK. That is unusual. We've just spent 2 weeks at AP and never heard any music. Sometimes we heard music coming from The Princess hotel in the evenings. Maybe there was a wedding that day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches without music

Hi Lalkav UK. That is unusual. We've just spent 2 weeks at AP and never heard any music. Sometimes we heard music coming from The Princess hotel in the evenings. Maybe there was a wedding that day.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches without music

Nostos is one of our favourites, taverna at the back of the beach playing traditional greek music , nothing loud and much nicer than the booming club sounds that have (IMO) spoilt several beaches in recent years

Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches without music

If you can, try the trip to Tsougria. Completely unspoilt and very quiet and sheltered. My favourite beach this year as we went yesterday. Boat leaves every hour until 12 and you can come back at 4,5 or 6. There's a quiet taverna and no blasting music. The sea there is beautiful too.. Crystal clear!

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches without music

Mandraki beach? have just discussed with my O/h about the fitness to walk there. I am not that fit and have done the walk many times, in about 30 mins! It is a great walk even if it took an hour,its worth trying just once. I am talking about Elias beach because there are 2 close together.

Also if you want a quiet beach, you could be brave and try Little Banana!!! but you might find it harder to get to that beach than the Mandraki''s

You will find a beach that suits you and not far from Ag P.

Have a great time.

Get answers to your questions about Agia Paraskevi
Recent Conversations