We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding a fireplace

Mildura, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Finding a fireplace

Hello everyone,

My partner and I have two nights mid June for a short break. We had the Bay of Islands in mind but we are flexible on where we travel to as long as there is good scenery (mostly of the beautiful hilly green landscape) and more importantly for my partner, a wood fire!

An unusual request, I know. I had the Magic Cottages at Takou River at the top of my list because it is exactly the type of accommodation we were looking for, minus the fire.

If anyone has any suggestions for us, we would be most grateful.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,313 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding a fireplace

Insurance companies generally don't like wood fires in rental properties, if yo mean open fires. Slow combustion wood burners are probably more likely.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding a fireplace

B&B's and lodges are more likely to have wood burning fires as the owner will be there to manage it.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,115 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding a fireplace

The luxury lodges/B&Bs have open fires within their guest reception areas :-

Carrington Estate

Kauri Cliffs

Eagles Nest

Waipoua Forest Lodge

Mildura, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding a fireplace

Thank you all for your advice, Kauri Cliffs looks amazing. And the Insurance issue makes sense, I didn't think of that.

5. Re: Finding a fireplace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:15