We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

I am bringing a group of women to Sun Valley in June to celebrate a birthday 6/18-22/13. We are staying at a home in Elkhorn. What is the lastest scoop on best restaurants and bars in the area. Also, is there any live music or other special events going on in the timeframe?

thanks

MJ

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
768 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

MJ, I'm sure Charley will have some great recommendations for you. In the meantime, this is a link to the local paper: http://www.mtexpress.com They have a "Best Of" section on their website, as well as a calendar. And many happy returns to the birthday girl!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

oh, sorry, was off today!!

i would say for sure to make a reso for lunch at rasberry's . the most inovative food ever.. they use as local food as they can, and the imagination of delicious foods is incredible.

for a group, make sure to make reso..we just had dinner at della mano, and i thought that was a bout the best, and also, enoteca..the new , wine, small eats, at the corner of SV road, in the old starbuck building. i would pass on the pioneer, (horrible food but great people watching...meat market) ,and pass on cornerstone.

boca is a newish , hep, place with gteat food and the old, always great, ketchum grill. all the menus are on line.

let me know if you need more info.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

There is a decent local calendar on the VisitSunValley.com site. You'll be here before our summer season really kicks off but it is a nice time to come!

If you have time, I'd suggest heading north to Stanley and Redfish Lake for an afternoon. It really is worth the drive! You can also check with Sun Valley Company to see if the gondola is running then, always a favorite for visitors. Spa and/or yoga at Zenergy followed by a swim with a million dollar view?

I'd suggest Cristina's over Rasberry's for lunch - better food and ambience in my opinion. Boca is good, also Globus, the Grill at the Knob Hill Inn, Bigwood Grill... I haven't been impressed by Enoteca. I hear that Vintage is still very good under the new owners but haven't been there. Some of the best food is in Hailey - CK's and Zou 75. For breakfast, Bluebird Day Cafe.

For a group like yours, I would definitely plan for wine and apps on the deck at the Sun Valley Wine Company at some point in the trip. Or coffee/wine and people watching at the week-old-and-already-a-local-favorite Velocio.

Hope this helps!

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

only go to the sun valley wine co...if you want to be snubbed...worst service ever and i HAD been going for years.

Cristinas...ouch...hold onto your pocket book....and if you read in the newspaper...looking for new help all the time is not a great thing..

each to his own...i loved enoteca, won't go to the GRILL at nob hill...and ck's Read my review.

funny, we have such different taste!!! that is what makes for reviews...

the new velocia sounds like it is going to be good..heard the coffee was GOOD>

so now you have lots to decide...

let us know what you thought!!

have fun.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

MJE, consider Dashi. I look forward to eating there every time I'm in Ketchum. I hate to label it Asian "fusion" because that sounds so dated and '90s, but they use local ingredients Asian style and do it so well. The wine selection is nice as well.

I love Christina's also--there is nothing nicer than lunch on the patio there. I would go there just for the half and half (iced tea/lemonade) and homemade bread/cracker basket. Oh and the cookie selection. I like lunch a lot better than breakfast there.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

ps sssvvv , zenergy, where i am a member is $60 a day, and you have to buy a 3 day pass...i would for go the great view..the spa is good and you get a free day pass...i spend about 3-4 days a week in yoga..we have the best teachers, ever.

7. Re: What is the latest information on best restaurants and bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Sun Valley-Ketchum
More Sun Valley-Ketchum Topics