We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum

Level Contributor
58 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum

We are flying in to Boise on Friday January 31st about 3:05pm. It looks like we will not make the Sun Valley Stages shuttle which departs at 3:30. Are there any other options to get us to Ketchum yet that day? We hate to lose a day of skiing by having to wait overnight. Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,246 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum

Call them ask if there will be a problem... And make a reservation! My guess is if the plane is not too late, the shuttle will hold a bit ... carracar

Level Contributor
58 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum

We tried that and the young lady said that they wouldn't make it and they couldn't wait. :-(

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,246 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum

My guess then is they have had trouble in the past with that flight connection in winter ... The other poor choice Would be renting a car... Driving unfamiliar roads in the dark ,arriving beat to S..T. You will better enjoy the "slopes" well rested ... carracar

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum

Hi

you could always do a few runs on Bogus Basin they have night skiing or do morning runs before shuttle.Bogus is only 45 min drive up the mountian from Boise. so you won't lose a day skiing and get your ski legs ready for sun valley

when I had a season pass I would go up for a few hrs around lunch time if work was slow.

during weekdays few people there can do many vertical ft or runs in a short time,

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum

Just rent a car in Boise and drop it off at the Sun Valley (Freidman) airport, or, if you rent from Avis and are staying at the Lodge, drop the keys off with the Lodge bell guys. People do this all the time. It will probably be cheaper than the Sun Valley Express shuttle. It's a very easy drive, all on highway, no mountain passes to cross. I was waiting in the lobby of the lodge last weekend and I watched a parade of people drop rental car keys off with the bell staff--everyone's flights were being diverted to Boise so everyone was renting cars and driving up.

If for some reason you are dead set on not driving, you can arrange for a private shuttle, but it will be spendy (I think around $350).

You would indeed lose an entire ski day if you spent the night in Boise and took the shuttle the next day, so IMO there is no reason not to just rent a car.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,026 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum

where does the shuttle pick you up?? if you want, i will call and see what i can do..i would rent a car, at least make a reso..i would think that the shuttle would wait for incoming flights..let me know if you want me to call ..i am here~

Reply to: Shuttle from Boise Airport to Ketchum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sun Valley-Ketchum
More Sun Valley-Ketchum Topics