We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ragusa to Marzamami

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ragusa to Marzamami

Aiuto!!! Cara Vagabonda, there's a slight change in my itinerary. I need to go from Ragusa to Pachino on a Sunday. ( I can take the taxi between Pachino and Marzamemi) I can't find any AST transportation from Ragusa, Modica, nor Scicli. Is there a way of combining Interbus and AST to get to Pachino?

Grazie!!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,705 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ragusa to Marzamami

Salve vteotl!

You would take Interbus the entire way direct from Ragusa to Catania, and then onward to Pachino, but there's only one such service on Sundays at 05h30.

You could separate the runs, and take Interbus from Catania, and then Interbus from Catania to Pachino. There are only two Sunday runs from Catania to Pachino.

Vagabonda

modica
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ragusa to Marzamami

On a Sunday, your best option is to get the AST bus to Rosolini and prearrange a taxi from Rosolini to Marzamemi - a 20min drive, or go from Noto. It will cost only lsightly more than a taxi from Pachino.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,705 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ragusa to Marzamami

Unless AST schedules update, there's no bus from Ragusa to Rosolini on Sundays, and given that AST doesn't run Sunday service, is that likely?

Vagabonda

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ragusa to Marzamami

If I were to take the 15.00 from Ragusa, then the 18.30 from Catania, it'd take me almost 6 hours just to get to Pachino. I think I'd rather wait till Mon to go to Marzamemi, and spend two nights there, instead of three. The reason I wanted to go to Marzamemi on a Sun is to meet a couple of friends.

Perhaps AST would update its schedules. Chi sa?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,705 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ragusa to Marzamami

Hi vteotl,

It's unlikely that AST would run Sunday service, even once schedules update.

AST wasn't even running Sunday service from Milazzo's train station to Milazzo's port during peak season.

Would you consider hiring a car?

Vagabonda

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ragusa to Marzamami

Ciao Vagabonda,

I'd thought about hiring a car. That was why I'd asked you about the car rentals in Scicli. It was to go to Marzamemi for a day trip by myself. It's not a place where I'd stay by myself.

But now my friends are going there. And I doubt we'll be going anywhere other than relaxing by the beach. So now my plan is to go on a Mon, and go to Ragusa on a Wed. Just 1.5 days in Marzamemi, which I think is enough is for me.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,705 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ragusa to Marzamami

That all makes sense now vteotl if you're planning on the Monday. A car would still offer the greatest flexibility for exploring this area.

Vagabonda

8. Re: Ragusa to Marzamami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2016, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Marzamemi