We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

I'm planning to bring my Kitchen Aid with me when I move to Roatan unless it would be easy to buy one there.

I heard that there is a good hardware in French Harbor.

Do they sell coffee makers?-Electric grills?

Thanks again.

14 replies to this topic
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

Your questions about relocating are really not travel related and likely to be deleted in the near future, you could find much more info by joining some of the Roatan facebook groups, there are quite a few, search, look at memberships and choose, many require approval but that is seldom an issue for those that live on Roatan or have a vested interest.

As far as grills or your kitchenaid, I would bring it when you do a shipment, Even with 20 - 30 % aduana you still come out better on most things like that, You can check out Ace Hardware and Woods in the FH area but know My Gas grill, Weber which retails for $399 at Home Depot is $800 at Ace Roatan, Plan on a 75 -100 percent markup on similar items, so you see why the 30% aduana isn't too bad

Edited: 02 June 2014, 19:53
Moses Lake...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

There is a great hardware store in Coxen Hole (Serano's) or something like that. They have just about anything. Yes coffee pots, grills, fans and so on. I love just going in and looking around. It changes every year we go in. I don't feel their prices are that much higher.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

Thanks.

Then I will delete it myself.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

Thank you.

I had never heard about it.

It looks like I wasn't supposed to ask that question here.

I don't see why since even those who go there as tourists for a long time may decide to buy a coffee maker.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

I am in Serrano's at least once a week for something and love the store for some things BUT for small appliances, grills, power tools and other name brand imports you can expect about double US prices. Just a few weeks ago I was pricing Dewalt saw, $99 at home depot, 5250 lempira, roughly $260 dollars at Serrano's, Same goes for their charbroil grills, never saw a quality grill and to Crazy, you MUST be crazy if you want an Electric grill, Have you checked RECO prices? Propane is much cheaper, same for oven/stove as well.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 21:07
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

We will have a BBQ on the terrace but I was thinking about the raining season!

However I think you are right!

I was trying to delete my question but I don't know how.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

Crazy4yeshua...you don't have to delete your question...it is a valid question related to travel to Roatan...relocating is still related to travel. I believe Georgee is this forum's troll who has to keep changing his name on this forum as he keeps getting banned from it from making rude comments, being argumentative, etc...BHG...Manuel...etc are former names he has used amongst many others.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

Hey If this is a sensitive area then I will be cautious not to step on any toes, These conspiracy theory's are interesting but I am lost trying to understand. I wanted to point out, I never suggested anyone remove their post, I did mention that it likely would be removed just as other posts about relocation usually get removed from this and other forums on TA and recommending the poster join some of the Roatan Facebook pages was done with utmost sincerity as there are pages dedicated to expats living on Roatan, Problem solving on Roatan, relocation, and more, some with hundreds and some with thousands of members.

NJ
Level Contributor
378 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

We have a villa at Pristine Bay - we shipped everything. Ace Hardware has a few things - but yes they can be pricey. But we did everything in one 40 foot container shipped from Miami (inclusive of furniture). Depending on how you have to furnish or not - that may be your best way to go. Good luck!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?

I totally agree that shipping with container is nice if timing and logistics allow, I have shipped a couple with building materials / supplies but even if you have to do a little at a time it is not bad. It is about $70 US per 20 cubic feet to ship from Miami to Roatan with Hyde shipping, Depending on how much you send you may or may not need a customs broker, there is a very good customs agent right next door to Hybur. Hyde/Hyber price by size not weight

www.hydeshipping.com/3/default.asp?p=home

Juan Llambes is the man to talk to at Hyde

Reply to: French Harbor Hardware-Kitchen Aids?-Coffee Makers?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about French Harbour