We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to see in this glacier park

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
what to see in this glacier park

Hello ,

i am travelling with my wife and 18 month old kid . Can you help me what i can see in the Glacier national park that is in canada. Can i go to the soing to the sun road or anythingthat i need tosee. I am verymuch interested in the nature, scenary . the only rpoblem i have is i canot do hiking a lot because i have 18 month old baby with me

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,357 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to see in this glacier park

You know, I'd actually post this question in the Canadian Rockies Forum.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
603 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to see in this glacier park

The Glacier National Park in Canada is not near the one in the U.S. The northern/Canadian part of the U.S. park is called Waterton Lakes National Park. If you want to see the "Going to the Sun" road, you have to go to the U.S. Glacier National Park.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to see in this glacier park

I learn so much by following this forum! I had forgotten that there was a national park in BC around Rogers Pass on Highway 1 was called "Glacier National Park". It's been a long time since we drove that way. Behold -

www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/bc/glacier/index.aspx

However, I think that AuntyMo is correct. The "Going to the Sun" road is found in the US Glacier National Park in the US (northern Montana). The contiguous Canadian Park is Waterton -

http://www.watertonpark.com/

It is found in the southwestern corner of Alberta and has its own forum as part of the Alberta forums. I think that's where OP wants to be.

(BTW, I remember, as a child, taking the boat ride from Waterton, on the Canadian side, down the lake into the US Glacier National Park. It's a really beautiful trip.)

Edited: 28 August 2010, 05:56
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to see in this glacier park

The two previous posters are correct - Going to the Sun road is in Montana, USA, NOT British Columbia, Canada...

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,311 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to see in this glacier park

Also, Glacier National Park of Canada is not in the Rockies - it's in the Selkirks, part of the Columbia Mountains. Here is a page from the national park website with more information: pc.gc.ca/pn-np/bc/glacier/natcul/natcul1.aspx

6. Re: what to see in this glacier park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2011, 07:29
7. Re: what to see in this glacier park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2011, 07:29
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park...