We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Jasper thru Yoho in route to US Glacier Nat'l Park

georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Jasper thru Yoho in route to US Glacier Nat'l Park

We have a little over two weeks and have been planning for a while. I got reservations at GNP (US) for the last five days and will go back to Calgary and home from there. For the beg. of the trip (from Calgary) I have reservations in Banff (3 nigths) and Jasper (4 nights) but I'm having trouble scheduling the trip from Jasper to GNP. I was lucky enough to get a bus ticket to Lake O'hara for one of the days we are in Banff but I don't think we will have time to see Yoho (Emerald Lake, etc) on the same day. So I was thinking of visiting Yoho on the way to GNP since I have two nights before my reservations in GNP. Where should we overnight? Field? Golden? Other? I probably could have done this trip another way but it's too late to change reservations. For general inf. we are in our late 60s, early 70s, past injuries prevent much hiking (husband has new ankle replacement) so we will mostly be walking/driving to sites. Budget is limited, but can afford luxuries if they are worth it. Thank you in advance for your help (I love the forum postings)

Mentioned in this post
Emerald Lake
Emerald Lake
931 Reviews
Yoho National Park, Canada
NJ
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Jasper thru Yoho in route to US Glacier Nat'l Park

i've visited Yoho from lake louise, as i wanted to pick a base of operations so to speak.

there is not a lot in field but it would be the closest. i have also used castle mountain area, only because i like to stay outside of banff proper (pretty busy place).

i suggest looking for places in field and lake louise using trip advisor and maybe parks canada will have some loding suggestions.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,713 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Jasper thru Yoho in route to US Glacier Nat'l Park

Parks Canada gives out park information, but they are not in the business of giving out tourism information. For Banff National Park, the tourism folks are at www.banfflakelouise.com and you can find Field guesthouses listed at www.field.ca . You can also find B&Bs and guest houses listed at www.bbcanada.com - Field and Golden are in BC, and Banff, Jasper and Canmore are in Alberta.

If you are looking for an overnight base before you catch the bus to Lake O'Hara, Lake Louise or Field are your best bets due to proximity. There are also a few commercial accommodations in Yoho - Great Divide Lodge, Emerald Lake Lodge, Cathedral Mountain Lodge.

Mentioned in this post
Alberta
Alberta
Canada
georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: From Jasper thru Yoho in route to US Glacier Nat'l Park

Thanks. I tried several BB in Field but no luck since it's only for one night.. I finally made a reservation to go back to the hotel in Banff. I hope we have enough time.

4. Re: From Jasper thru Yoho in route to US Glacier Nat'l Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2016, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Yoho National Park