We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best tour in very short time

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best tour in very short time

I will arrive in Lisbon and stay at the airport hotel 1 night, then I will stay at Solplay for 2 nights, then in town of Lisbon 1 night. I have a huge list of things to do and see but don't know how to plan my route. I won't be driving a car - bus, taxi, etc will be my mode of transport. Any suggestions of how I can plan a route would be welcomed; gardens and castles a must.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
8 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,745 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best tour in very short time

A good start would be to take a look at the city bus map and see how you are going to get from place to place.

http://www.carris.pt/en/information-desk/ and click on Network Map.

The Lisbon metro map is at

www.metrolisboa.pt/Default.aspx?tabid=79

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon Metro
Lisbon Metro
558 Reviews
Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,361 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best tour in very short time

I hope that i'm not offensive by asking why are you staying 2 nights at Solplay? You are in and out of Lisboa loosing a lot of time in transports.

Mentioned in this post
Lisboa Airport
Lisboa Airport
Lisbon, Portugal
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best tour in very short time

Hello. No I'm not offended. It was a spur of the moment arrangement I had to make. I will be on my own and was uncertain of where to stay in Lisbon. I will be able to make better plans the next time I go. But thank you for your concern.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best tour in very short time

Thank you for the information of bus and metro, it helps immensely.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,361 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best tour in very short time

At Solplay you are out of the reach of Carris and metro, you'll have to use VIMECA buses to go to Lisboa or to one of the train stations (Cruz Quebrada or Algés) to catch the train from Cascais to Lisboa or another bus.

The hotel says that it's 10 min away from Lisboa but that's with a car and in a almost no traffic hour.

Mentioned in this post
Lisboa Airport
Lisboa Airport
Lisbon, Portugal
Cascais
Cascais
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best tour in very short time

thank you. i appreciate all the information i can get. i feel a little intimadated going to a strange country and not knowing the language, although i am trying to learn it in a short time. i found websites from your posts and it was very helpfull. today i found that getting the maps in portugese language was terrific and helpfull, lots more information than looking in english. i've printed all town maps and hopefully i won't look too stupid when i go. i realize most portugese are very kind and helpfull but i'd like to be able to show them some respect an politeness when i go. wish me luck!

Lisboa - Doca de...
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best tour in very short time

I disagree with 64novpt.

VIMECA buses that go to "Marquês de Pombal" passes close by the hotel... but your are not that far from the Cruz Quebrada rail station (it's a bit downhill...it can be tiring coming back for people that are not accustomed) and closer you have CARRIS and VIMECA buses at Dafundo (also downhill) that will take you to Algés (train station and bus station)

But of course you are not in Lisbon

Edited: 23 July 2011, 05:10
Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best tour in very short time

Thank you all. I ended up getting picked up in Parques das Nacoes by Ricardo from Marlin Boat tours. I saw everything from a totally differrent and wonderful perspective. Ricardo was great and told me a lot about the history and explained the buildings and monuments - lots of things I would not of known otherwise. He dropped me off in Belem and I taxied from there to Linda a Velha. Solplay was excellent. A driver - Nuno - took me for a tour to the coast. I spent the first and last night in Lisbon. I'll most certainly go back to Portugal but will make sure I have more time - absolutely wonderful people.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Reply to: best tour in very short time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Linda-a-Velha