We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

Hello,

Just wondered if there are any new bars or restaurants opening up in calahonda this year?

Going at the end of May so would be good to get an idea!

Are all the bars and restaurants down the strip and in El Zoco still the same?

Thanks!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,249 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

Not sure there's much going on new but things can change quickly in Calahonda! The restaurants and bars in El Zocco were the same when we were there last September.

There are some good bars and restauants across the road by Dona Lola that are worth trying including a fantastic Spanish one (think it was the Dona Mesa?) they did a wonderful steak for two to share with a bottle of wine for €20 and they also do a fish version. We love Oscars bar there as well, good crowds get in there and they have some quite good acts on.

In Dona Lola itself they have a bar just underneath Oscars and they have a great band that plays there (used to be Tuesdays but may be another day this year) called Revival, they are brilliant and play all sorts of music from the 50s onwards.

At El Zocco we love La Mandragora and up the road at Club Calahonda we always have a good time there at the Palm Tree, has good food and entertainment too.

Let me know when you get back if there have been any changes as we're not back there till September 2013. Its our home from home and we always have a great time there.

Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

Thanks for the info, we went last September too and as you know things change very quickly round there so was hoping to have an idea in advance so we can plan our trip.

Also, thanks for the info on Dona Lola and the Palm Tree, have not ventured there yet so think it should be on the cards this time round.

Will let you know if there are any changes that might be of a surprise to you.

Thanks!

LONDON
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

I am going to calahonda in July and have been told that Sister's on the strip is now called Hardy's Bar.

if you notice any oth changes it would be great if you could let me know.

I go every year and have been for the last 12 yrs so yes i have seen some changes.

Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

Yeh, I have heard that too, would be interesting to see how a new bar on the strip does this year.

I'll post an update on what is open and what is shut when I am back.

Hopefully Millenium is still open!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

The best meal my wife and I had in Calahonda (Los Jarales) last month was served up in Harry's Bar, directly above the Mercadona supermarket. Wonderful terrace that catches the sun all day, and friendly staff. Not far behind was the tapas feast we enjoyed just a few yards along the road at Harley's Bar.

Cheapest bar prices we saw were at the Pit Stop, just before El Zoco, but on the camp-site side.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,249 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

I'll have to try Harry's Bar next time I'm there but our favourite restaurant is La Mandaragora in El Zocco. Food and service amazing and the food is so beautiful you have to take a photo of it!

Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

We will have to try the bars and restaurants down towards Los Jarales in a couple of weeks, although we do tend to stay towards the Strip and El Zoco. We usually like to spend a nice evening in Rumores or The Harp.

We have eaten in El Zoco a couple of times but generally use it for the bars, although we did eat in a restaurant there last year that was very nice but we never caught the name of it. It was up the stair where you have Pals bar to your right and then the restaurant was an immediate left and round the corner, very small and covered in trees. Not sure if anyone knows the name of it?

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

Recommend Meson Dona Lola and also Da Vinci over at Dona Lola. Far Isle which used to be located at Riviera del Sol now has a small restaurant at top of strip and food there always good. One of my favourites is La Plaza over the supermarket at Riviera. Flamenco there on Wednesday evenings and also other entertainemt e.g. Rat Pack from time to time.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

Recommend Meson Dona Lola and also Da Vinci over at Dona Lola. Far Isle which used to be located at Riviera del Sol now has a small restaurant at top of strip and food there always good. One of my favourites is La Plaza over the supermarket at Riviera. Flamenco there on Wednesday evenings and also other entertainemt e.g. Rat Pack from time to time.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calahonda Restaurants and Bars 2012

pit stop and hardys are good

Get answers to your questions about Sitio de Calahonda