We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vigo or SDC for one week

UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vigo or SDC for one week

Hi all, looking to book a week in either vigo or SDC for end of June. Cannot decide which place to use for a base. We will be looking to explore the local town/city and also enjoy day trips out via public transport train or bus. We will not be hiring a car. We enjoy walking both in the city/town and in the countryside. Can anyone help me with any tips, would a week be too long in SDC, really want to go to islas cies so that is swaying me towards Vigo but someone said that its more industrial and SDC is more attractive, please help!

Thanks.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vigo or SDC for one week

you could also do both. I would do 4 days in vigo (including a daytrip to islas cies from vigo port), where you can also visit some closeby towns like beautiful Baiona, Tui and Pontevedra. Then go to Santiago by train, spend there the whole time or you can aslo go to A Coruña for a daytrip. Plenty of options around as well, but with train and buses everything is pretty close

UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vigo or SDC for one week

myscreen, many thanks for your reply. Not sure whether to fly into vigo or SDC. very good advice that you gave with dual city trip, my only concern is the travelling between the 2 with luggage. In your opinion ( I know its only personal ) which one would you go to for the whole week?

I could try and persuade my wife to share only one bag between us but that's never going to happen 8o))

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vigo or SDC for one week

tought call. I like much better SdC as a city, but Vigo has better surroundings and daytrips. I would say Vigo is my winner, with a daytrip to Santiago. Otherwise look into other places close to Vigo like Baiona or Pontevedra. Smaller than vigo but a much more nicer feeling.

UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vigo or SDC for one week

many thanks, you have been a great help.

5. Re: Vigo or SDC for one week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Province of A Coruna
More Province of A Coruna Topics