We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?

Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?

We are headed to Bawley Point in mid January, staying at the Racecourse Beach Tourist Park. We have three children ages 7 to 2.

Can anyone recommend which beaches in the area are best for children? Also are there any lagoons, rock pools or river swimming spots?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,150 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?

where is Lien when you need him? ... he's been awol for quite a while now

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?

I've just sent you a PM Helen.

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?

Try Merry beach at Kioloa just up the road a bit. Rock pools near the caravan park and seems to be family friendly with a bit of native wild life.

Glenmore Park...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?

You could go to Lake Tabourie only 15 min away. The inlet is open and there is beautiful knee deep ocean for the kids to swim in. The current is at walking pace and is great for playing in or taking a slow trip on a boogie board. We just came back from Bawley Point and this is where we took the kids

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?

Mid-January<< so I imagine they are already there and possibly not reading. But while I think of it I'll mention, please check with the locals about conditions and preferably swim at patrolled beaches. Two tourists have drowned at one beach in the area recently, one in a rip and one washed from rocks.

Didn't someone start a beach safety thread a few years ago? Oh, excellent, there's an article in the Top Questions. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255055-c54170/Austra…

Glenmore Park...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?

No they are possibly not reading and the reception there is terrible for Optus users.

Not many of the beaches are patrolled. You have to go to Ulladulla

The tourists were swimming at Burrill Lake, out on the beach near where the inlet comes in and out during low and high tide. None of the locals swim there and there are signs everywhere. Tourists think its safe but there are terrible rips there. I think a dad drowned saving his children.

Reply to: Best beaches for children in Bawley Pt area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bawley Point