We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

Can you recommend reputable cruise company with seaworthy vessels to tour Rinca & Komod islands? We two adults are looking to enjoy snorkelling around those islands and see the dragons for 2 days from 1st to 3rd Dec.

Thanks

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

there are several companies that offer these tours, so it might be wisest to interact with them directly and make your decision upon that.

Consider safety when doing so!

Labuan Bajo...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

In the main street in Labuan Bajo are several tour operators that sell a 2-day boat trip for around 200US$, including 4 meals.

Easy to book on arrival for the next day.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
36 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

we just had 4 nights on a liveaboard boat to tour Komodo National Park. After heaps (and heaps) of research we went with Putrikomodo Tours. Our first lovely boat developed a steering problem and without fail and before we even knew about it (because we were having so much fun), a replacement boat had arrived, a night's accommodation in Kanawa arranged and paid for and the trip continued. Jeffry Buana did not miss a beat and followed through beyond our expectations. We really had no idea what we were getting into before we arrived but it was a fantastic trip. That region is absolutely beautiful and worthy of more than the 4 nights we spent there. Bali just paled in comparison. Here is a slide show I created to help people get an idea of what is on offer http://youtu.be/5VP_qDF4DI0

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

Yes, I have just returned from Komdo Island and Bali where Jeffry Buana from Putrikomodo did an amazing job in planning, managing and guiding us in these wonderful locations. The boats, guides, buses, restaurants, information and advice was first rate. I had large groups from America, Canada, Australia and the Netherlands who had an amazing time with thanks to Jeffry. I plan to visit him again in Flores for his famous trekking tour.

Bareggio, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

Thanks for your advise - We are in Contact with Jeffrey for KOMODO RINCA in August - do you suggest him, boat, service, reliability etc?

Thanks a Lot

nomadic
Level Contributor
16 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

Just came back from a 6 day trip through Komodo to Rinca with Blue Dragon - good trip - excellent food, nice cabins good open spaces up top. Komodo is beautiful, the diving ace if tricky and there seemed to be a fair number of snorkelling opportunities along the way. You can get hold of them through Blue Forest travel

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

What is a reasonable price to pay for a 3D 2N trip to Komodo and Rinca(all meals etc), return DPS LBJ air flights and 2 nights accomodation in LBJ for 2 adults and 2 children.??? We are planing a trip here in June but not sure whether to book in advance or take a risk and turn up hoping for a reliable trip the next day?? It is always more tricky with kids.

Thanks for any thoughts

Susie

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

In fact there is no need to making any prior booking. Most gueshouses and hotels can arrange for you in shirt notice and there are many travel agents who will willingly arrange for you in short notice. By the way, just as a warning to all travellers making booking in Labuan Bajo, do not make booking with 'Flores & Komodo Tours : INDONESIA TROPIC HOLIDAYS'. The guys mane is Andi, I had transfered money to his account for booking for guesthouse and he claimed he did nto receive my money transfer. After several emails lasting more than three weeks, he still kept insisting that he had not received my money and officially told me that my booking was cancelled. When I returned from my holiday in Labuan Bajo where I made other arrangements, I received an email from this guys claiming that it was amistake and the booking is ready. I emailed him and demanded for refund and they refused to response to my email.

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

We did a 3 day 2 night trip from Labuan Bajo to Rinca and Komodo islands through Jeffry Buana from Putrikomodo. The boys on Persona (our boat) were hilarious and cheeky... They had us calling one of them Durus which we knew must be a joke as when we said it they giggled...every time. We later found out it meant 'go away' lol. They had very little English, but pictionary and a comedy of charades got us were we needed. The cabin was reasonable once my hubby removed the plastic packaging the mattress had been delivered it... Prior to that it was like sleeping on a hot rock. Lol we arrived at Rinca to see the komodos way to late, they were laying around the kitchen area and very inactive. For 300rp we were a little disappointed. Do this trip early in the day or you won't see much. Our guide on Rinca was a wealth of information and had great English. We then set off to watch an amazing sunset and the bats migrate to other islands.

This entire area is one Of the most beautiful, virtually uninhabitable Places we have visited...there are a couple of very ramshackle villages on the islands once you leave Labuan Bajo.

We snorkled at Pink Beach which was beautiful and then did an ice stop at Komodo village. Walking through this village was an experience. It was a very traditional and basic life, with satellite. Take lollies for the kids...and make sure someone videos it!

The total highlight was Manta Alley here we discovered you need the tide to be comming in, we asked (charades) to be dropped in at the top of the reef, we're we allowed the current to tow us along the edge of the reef. We were humbled to see a massive 5 mtr wide Manta ray, she came eye to eye with me... I'm still in awe. There were sharks (reef) turtles and amazing fish and coral. I'd do this section of the trip every day if I could. It was the highlight. We had all meals included, and got picked up and dropped off from Golo hill top Villas.

In all this was a fabulous experience/ adventure. cost us $300au which is a little high, but totally worth it.

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise around Rinca & Komodo islands

Hi 'abbythings' / All.

Did you book this in advance or when you arrived?

We have been enquiring online with Jeffrey but his first quote for a 2d trip was too expensive in comparison to what you have listed. Was yours part of a group tour or private hire and was this price per person or for the whole booking?

We are wanting a 2d trip in September. Everyone says go with Jeffrey but the prices are so varied I hear. I'm happy to just arrive on the day and pick up a tour if this is a better option?

Any advice welcome, thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Labuan Bajo