We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labuan Bajo and the surrounding area

Which Labuan Bajo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Labuan Bajo and the surrounding area

I am planning a trip to Komodo and Rinca, as every tourist will when visiting LB but my questions concern Labuan Bajo and the surrounding areas.

Assuming we go for 3 days to Komodo and Rinca, is it worth staying any extended time in LB?

Is there anything to do/see around the town?

Are there any decent hotels/restaurants that sell anything other than Indonesian food?

The pictures on Google for LB look pretty picturesque and it's location looks very natural and beautiful. Is it worth staying and exploring?

Rich

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labuan Bajo and the surrounding area

LB for me wasn't picturesque but the island of Flores was stunning. If you have 5 days/week I'd definitely recommend exploring the island. Some lovely islands just out of LB, I went 4 years ago though so things might have changed in the town.

It goes to show how much I loved Flores that still, 4 years later I'm still looking at it on this forum!!

Bajawa, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Labuan Bajo and the surrounding area

Unfortunately I have not been yet exploring Flores further than Labuan Bajo.

So for me Labuan Bajo looks like you said "picturesque". I went there couple of times and its quite developing places.

There are some good restaurants there run by Italian but serve other western cuisine.Food quality is very good and if you want to find it in Bali will probably cost double.

Many hotel to choose from ,I tend to stay in the city- Green Hill hotel because is near the harbour but Golo hill top have magnificent view, around 15 min walk to centrum though ,cycling around this area will be good idea as view is stunning.

There are some even nicer cottages located on smaller island on the way to Komodo National Park(it’s a must see) if you like total silence.

Mirror Cave(located in city but 10/15 min by bemo) is quite small but many fossils also there is no tourist so you can feel atmosphere of being on you own in cave and surrounding park.

I would say 3/2 days in Labuan Bajo is enough though!

3. Re: Labuan Bajo and the surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 00:51
4. Re: Labuan Bajo and the surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 07:17