We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a boat in the isle of capri italy

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
renting a boat in the isle of capri italy

We are going in September this year and we are triyin to rent a boat for a full day. The idea is to drive it ourselves, no captain, no help just us to use our own time as we please. I have read that people do that, but I can't find info. I Google couple of websites and all I get is request forms but no answer. I have no problem calling so please if anyone can recommend anything will be great. We are also from Florida, very used to boats, do we need licence? Thank you, we are looking for a great time.!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting a boat in the isle of capri italy

You can rent a boat or a zodiac no problem here. There are several operators at Marina Grande and one at Marina Piccola. You can make all the arrangements after you arrive, either in person, or via your hotel. No license is needed. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Mentioned in this post
Marina Piccola
Marina Piccola
Island of Capri, Italy
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting a boat in the isle of capri italy

Thank you, What i was trying to do is maybe look at some prices and the pictures of the boats that are available for rent, we are on a budget so ultimately that will be the solution if i cant find any info, Do you recommend to go rent first thing in the morning? maybe that way i can get the best boats available? I dont know just thinking. anything helps Thanks again.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting a boat in the isle of capri italy

Look on the tourist websites www.capritourism.com or www.capri.net which will take you to some of the operator's pages to give you an idea perhaps. The best thing would be to reserve your boat the evening before so it will be ready at the hour you want it the next morning.

4. Re: renting a boat in the isle of capri italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 04:18