We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Italy

Lancaster...
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Italy

Hello everyone. I and my fiance are planning our honeymoon in Italy and we want to go to Capri island, Rome and Venice. Which airports do you suggest we fly in first when we get there and fly out when we leave Italy? Haven't been to Italy ever. Rome is our most important destination. We plan on staying for 10 days, 2 days flight time allowance. Thanks so much!

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
510 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Italy

Fly into Venice, train to Amalfi Coast area, train to Rome, and fly home from there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,534 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Italy

I agree with the flight suggestion - just want to point out that there is no train to the Amalfi Coast and you aren't going there in any case; take the train from Venice to Naples and the ferry/hydrofoil over to Capri - www.capri.net

Ending your trip in Rome will make that a stress free end to your trip as it is always good to spend the night in the city from which you are flying home.

United States
Level Contributor
309 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Italy

You could also fly into Naples and out of Venice.

4. Re: Honeymoon in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 06:16