We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anderson cycles ideas!!!!

Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anderson cycles ideas!!!!

Thinking of renting bikes from Andersons. Not avid cyclists (never but can and would like to) but medium fit. Looking for suggestions, what we should bring, lunch ideas and some easy paths that will keep us out for a few hours. Love serenity and wildlife. Thanks alot. Any advice much appreciated!

Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anderson cycles ideas!!!!

Anderson's will give you maps for rides that are suitable for you. Pick up sandwiches at Yellow Submarine off Tallac.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anderson cycles ideas!!!!

We rode all the way to Baldwin Beach. The ride was about 8 miles total round trip from Anderson's Bike Rental. It took us 3 hours because we took Steve's advice and stopped at the Beacon Bar & Grill for lunch. It's a lake-shore dining place (read my review about this restaurant). We rode with a 67-yr-old male and 2 7-yr-old boys. We had a terrific time. Bring bottles of water, sun tan lotion, hats. There are couple of slightly incline during the route but I wouldn't be concerned about them. If necessary you just get off the bike and walk it for a short distance.

It was a great family activity for us and I'd highly recommend it!

3. Re: Anderson cycles ideas!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 08:18
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor