We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bleu Wave

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
42 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Bleu Wave

Has anyone had any recent experiences with Bleu Wave? The last few TA reviews were not good. The worst was from a reviewer with no other postings, so I'm a bit cautious. But the owners response seemed a bit inapropriate in my opinion. Just trying to sort it out. I like the idea of a smaller vessel for the cruise.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bleu Wave

I have been on the Bleu Wave twice, but it has been more than a year. You are correct- there seems to be all of a sudden some negative reviews and the owners response seems to me, kind of strange.

You can also check Yelp for some other reviews.

I thought the lunch was great, but it sounds like it has been cheapened a little. I also did enjoy the non-canned loudspeaker blaring away, but the captain and staff were available to answer any questions about the lake.

There are a lot of other choices out there, but I like the small boat type of tour over the big paddlewheels.

Edited: 23 August 2012, 18:09
stockton ca
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bleu Wave

We were there 10/9/12 and selected the Bleu Wave yacht tour. Somehow we had the impression there were things to see along the way and that it would go close to the shore. Actually, it goes straight across to the Viking house and around the island there. Very few other traffic on the lake at this time of year. Not much to see at all. The sandwiches were minimal fare

but there was enough of them. The staff was very nice. Must of us were older folks and some had minor disabilities. It is cold at this time of year but some of us had to stand on the fore deck. My advice to this company would be that they not overbook the number of chairs they have on the inside, that they show a video of the lake when parasailing, jetskiing etc are going on, rather than trying to narrate a rather boring trip so close to winter.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bleu Wave

I've done Bleu Wave and Safari Rose - enjoyed both greatly - but though Safari Rose was more superior in food and drink and comfort.

4. Re: Bleu Wave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about South Lake Tahoe