We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

Which Marriott should I choose?? After a 2 bed villa with kitchen and living room and 2 baths. Which has better storage for wet ski clothing, helmets, room to dry boots etc. will have 2 adults and 4 teenagers. So pref 1 king room and 1 room with 2 queens. Proximity to lifts/grocery store is also crucial. Does Heavenly have ski storage or do you take them back to your condo each day??

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

Does anyone know the cancellation policies of the two Marriotts. I couldn't see them on there website. If a season last year would rather cancel at last minute without penalty.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

When you enter your dates the reservations return with a list of rates. There is a link called Rate Rules. Right there the cancellation policy is listed including the actual dates by which you have to cancel without penalty. On the example I ran I had to cancel 3 days before arrival to avoid any penalty. The penalty was equal to one night's stay if I cancelled after the 3 day limit.

I like the 2 story unit at the Grand for the size of your group. It has 2 master rooms both with bathrooms then a huge loft with a sleeper sofa and additional sleeping downstairs in the living room plus another full bathroom. It has a kitchen, dining room & living room plus entry for all your ski gear. The gondola is just outside. Raleys, a fantastic grocery store, is right across the street.

AnNther Grand unit we stayed in had a big masterbedroom with bathroom & fireplace plus a murphy bed in the living roo plus a big bathroom, kitchen & dining. There may have been sleeper sofa in the livng room. Nice entry for all the ski gear also. There must be units between those two sizes as well.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,264 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

The Grand would be my pick and Heavenly does have on mountain, overnight ski check.

skiheavenly.com/the-mountain/guest-services/…

Sf Bay Area
Level Contributor
440 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

How do the two Marriotts compare as far as amenities, luxury standards, suite size (1-bdroom)?

Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

The Timber Lodge is adjacent to Heavenly. We really enjoyed our stay at this property. You can also walk right over to Heavenly Village for restaurants, shops, etc. :)

dallas
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

any inside tips where I might find a 2 bedroom available vill at either of these properties? It shows all sold out every place ive looked. dec 27-jan2

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,821 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

Oh yeah, New Year's is a big time in South Lake Tahoe. Did you try the Embassy Suites next door? Right at Stateline.

8. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge or Marriott Grand Residence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 04:19