We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel (formerly Embassy Suites)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel (formerly Embassy Suites)

Thought my Hilton account was acting up. Appears the ES is now the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel. I have stayed here ten times in the past 13 years. I have (had?) reservations for June at the ES. Does anyone know if ES reservations will be honored? Any news on the changes? Is the breakfast and happy hour still the same quality as the ES? Are people liking this new hotel? Thanks.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,478 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel (formerly Embassy Suites)

This is the first I've heard of the name/brand change. It was still an Ebassy Suites last summer when we were there. Did you get notified that your rate went up or that you were no longer getting Hilton points?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel (formerly Embassy Suites)

My Hhonors.com reservations were greyed out with no hotel links, where my ES reservations were. I typed in www.embassytahoe.com (I have been there before) and the redirect went to http://www.tahoeresorthotel.com/ The details of the new ownership are there. Seems like April 1 things changed. April Fools? Doubt it.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel (formerly Embassy Suites)

No April's Fool joke. The change in ownership was April 1st. There was a thread here about this about a month ago. tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g155987-i338-k6…

I see I was wrong about them cutting the breakfast and afternoon cocktail deal (that is good). I think you should call them and make sure your reservation is still good and the deal on your Hilton Honors.

It has only been a few days since the change so there has not been any feedback on the changes. There was an artictle in the local paper about them getting rid of some employees even though they had made a pledge earlier about keeping everyone. That is all I know about this change.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel (formerly Embassy Suites)

I think it was just a franchise arrangement which has been severed now.

The independent hotel will be operated by PHR Management Inc., which is an affiliate of Ken Corporation Ltd., the Japan-based ownership group.

Every hotel reservation at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel at Heavenly includes a comfortable two-room suite, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and a nightly happy hour.

Renovations begin in the summer.

Check on your reservation here:

…microsdc.us/bp/retrieve_reservation.jsp

Edited: 15 April 2013, 19:52
5. Re: Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel (formerly Embassy Suites)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about South Lake Tahoe