We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-4 hour hike near South Lake Tahoe in early April

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3-4 hour hike near South Lake Tahoe in early April

I'm planning a bachelor party and the groom loves hiking and the outdoors. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for everyone else on the trip, so I'm looking for a shorter 3-4 hour round trip hike that beginners could do in tennis shoes and the hardcore hikers could still appreciate.

Also, given this is early April we need to consider snow/mud issues.

Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3-4 hour hike near South Lake Tahoe in early April

In April, snow is still an issue and higher elevation hikes are not much fun in tennis shoes. You will probably need to stay at the Lake level hikes. One idea is the Vikingsholm trail at Emerald Bay. This area is beautiful and all could enjoy the views. The hike is only about 1 mile each way, but there is some good elevation gain coming back up. The tour of the Vikingsholm is not open yet, but it is fun to explore the nice beach area. Maybe someone else has some other ideas.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3-4 hour hike near South Lake Tahoe in early April

Thanks! Looks like a good option. Any other ideas?

3. Re: 3-4 hour hike near South Lake Tahoe in early April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:19