We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Question

Delaware
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
Lodging Question

I am trying to organize a group of 6 to come out skiing at the end of January. While our main focus will be the skiing, we will be looking for some nighlife after a hard day on the slopes. I have been told there isn't much in the way of entertainment at the resort so the better option is to stay in Jackson and take a shuttle to the mountain each day. So, ulitmately my question is...can anyone recommend a place (condo/house/hotel) to stay that is priced mid/upper-mid, convenient to local dining/town center, etc? I was told by JH Central Reservations that the Wort Hotel or SNow King Condos would be ideal. Any thoughts?

Oh, and any other advice you wish to provide would be greatly welcome too, I just didn't want to bother everyone too much :-)

Thanks!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Question

The Wort is a fine hotel in the center of town. Snow King, however, is a long walk into town. But you could take a cab or the bus: http://www.startbus.com/.

Delaware
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Question

Thanks for the info TB.

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Question

the wort is great but is very expensive. i've started to stay there a couple of times but always back out because i just can't justify the cost when you don't spend that much time in your room. not sure what you are looking for but we stay next door to the wort at a neat little 60's era motel called the sundance inn.

wwwlsundanceinnjackson.com

it's a block from the town square & you can walk to all the restaurants & shops. we pay around $150-$160 per night in the summer but they really drop their rates during the winter. you can get a room for $50-$80 this time of year. rooms have been remodeled but are small & the bedding is nice. they have a continental breakfast, wireless internet, but no spa or hot tub. it's just a neat throwback hotel.

go to www.jacksonholenet.com & you can read about most of the hotels in the area. good luck. we're headed that way in about 3 weeks ourselves.

Delaware
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging Question

Thanks PTGuard, I appreciate it. I thought the Wort may be a little more than we needed. I'll take look at your link. Enjoy your trip.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,665 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging Question

We like the Wyoming Inn. It is next to the Gunbarrel restaurant but not on the town square. It has a great hot breakfast and the staff is really helpful.

Delaware
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging Question

Thanks PeachBell. The hotel looks nice. Do you know if this place has a hot tub? I didn't see it mentioned on their website so I'm guessing not.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging Question

The Wyoming Inn is undergoing renovation. When I drove by there today, a large crane was still standing out front where they had the front of the building torn off. But it is a great hotel. Trouble is it doesn't fit your goal of being "convenient to local dining/town center, etc". It's much too far to walk from the Wyoming Inn into the center of town.

If you want other places to stay that are really nice but maybe less expensive than the Wort, but still in a good location, check Homewood Suites and the Lexington.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,665 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging Question

Did not know Wyoming Inn was undergoing renovation. I will second the Lexington Inn. It is very convenient to downtown and has a small pool. Get one of the recently renovated rooms because I think they are much nicer.

9. Re: Lodging Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2011, 05:17