We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

Two "young at heart" older couples would appreciate recommendations for special restaurants suitable for celebrating anniversaries. Looking at how busy things are in the area, I'm thinking we'd better make a reservation before our August arrival. Thanks so much. Not sure where we'll be staying yet, but its starting to look like The Aspens area.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

If I were taking my wife out for our anniversary and wanted to make it a really special evening, I'd consider: The Four Seasons; Amangani; The Granary; or The Snake River Grill.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

Hello, Teton Bill:

Thanks for your recommendations. I've made note of your suggestions. Was actually already looking on the Snake River Grill website and thought it looked intriguing, but its so good to have affirmation from someone "in the know". Thanks again..

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

I would really vote for the Granary. We took my Aunt there on her birthday when visiting and it was awesome. I have been there numerous times too - The Snake River Grille is nice but not as intimate (more crowded table seating & louder due to this).

The Four Seasons is nice too but lacks views and you pay extra for the Four Seasons name and service. I don't feel like the service lacks at Spring Creek where the Granary is, and the food IMHO is better and the views outstanding.

Teton Bill must be very nice to his wife. Its nice to see his

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

..continued - nice to his recommendations to where he would take his wife LOL. Life w/a puppy and a 3 year old boy takes hold.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

BBD, I am nice to my wife - or at least I try really hard.

My personal favorite is also the Granary. Ask to be seated at table 3, which is situated at the corner windows looking out over the Teton Range. Ideally, arrive an hour before sunset.

btw, we ate at the Snake River Grill tonight. Great food, inspired menu, good service, but it was a little noisy.

Edited: 30 March 2012, 04:54
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

Blue Bird Day, thanks for sharing your experience and additional insight regarding a special restaurant for our anniversary celebrations. By the way, love your post name. Blue Bird Day just sounds so cheery and happy.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

So glad to hear you ARE nice to your wife! LOL Thanks again for your recommendations - and now especially for your personal tip regarding the Granary. We'll reserve the Granary for our anniversaries, but will probably try the Snake River Grill another night. Thanks to you and Blue Bird Day I can check one more item off my list of "things to do" to get ready for our August trip to th Jackson Hole/YNP/GTNP area.

I note you live in Moose so as a local, perhaps you could indulge me by answering another question. We are Floridians and actually hoping for cooler temperatures in Wyoming the week of 8/3/12. Of course, I checked guide books, etc., but it's always good to hear from someone who actually lives there. What should we expect and? So far all I've gleaned is cool in mornings and evenings, warm during day, and that one should "layer" - and also be prepared for storms popping up (we're kind of used to that here. Our home town has been labelled the "lightning capital".

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

If it's sunny, daytime highs around 80 and overnight lows about 40. If we get a rainy day, the high might be in the 50s. And summer rain around here feels like ice water. Add in some wind and you'll need those layers.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

Sounds really nice - except the ice water rain... Thanks so much for your help!

10. Re: Rest. in Jackson Hole to celebrate anniversaries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Jackson Hole