We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private instructors for young boys

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
private instructors for young boys

I have to boys, 9 and 12, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a private instructor. I would love to avoid the skying school there as you have no idea who you end up with...

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private instructors for young boys

I think you meant ski school? I don’t know of anyone that offers private lessons for a fee that doesn’t work at the resort but your best instructors will be working on the mountain already, many of them that I know for over 20 years. Just curious, have you heard of problems with the Mountain Ski School?

As Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is a top rated resort, they don’t just hire “anyone” and they go through a rigorous hiring practice as they know their reputation is at stake. By doing private lesson, that instructor can work with their pace and interests. If you hired a private instructor that wasn’t affiliated with the resort, wouldn’t that still be getting someone you don’t know? If your kids learn better with a certain type of person (male/female/personality type) etc, I’m sure the ski school can match your up appropriately considering you are paying for a private lesson w/no one other participants. Perhaps a better question might be who has had a great experience w/an instructor at the resort for kids your son’s age.

On the other hand, Is there anyone in your family that can give your children lessons? I’ve been going to ski as much as possible this year w/our four year old as my husband taught him, but we look forward to enrolling him next year in Ski School. I’ve really enjoyed watching the instructors interact w/the kids from the lift and runs each day. I would not hesitate to follow that direction either.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: private instructors for young boys

Oh gee, did not mean to speak poorly of the ski school there. It is not bad at all. Used them for the past 2 seasons. May be that is what I will end up doing anyway this time around anyway, so much more affordable. Private instruction though opens up a whole new world I guess.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private instructors for young boys

But they do have private instruction there too, so I was just confused. The best instructors will be working there... and they can spend several days with you so that will allow time for them to bond and access how well they are improving...

Woolwich, Maine
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private instructors for young boys

One of the top Kids instructors at Jackson Hole is Sean Baker. Has been working with kids on Skis for 13 years, is Level # 3 certified and also certified racing coach..

5. Re: private instructors for young boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Jackson Hole