We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camper van hire

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Camper van hire

Looking at 2 places to hire a camper from Jucy or Travellers Auto-barn.

Any ideas if one is better than the other please, we fly in so would need to be nearish to the airport.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camper van hire

Jucy are good - I had a camper for a week from them in august - but they do not do airport pickups. You have to get a shuttle into town to their yard in Parnell (about $35 each). The van was great for $50/day in winter (more now).

Christchurch
Level Contributor
652 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camper van hire

Hi Josiem

Found this website the other day - Rankers. It gives ratings of campervan companies and campgrounds. Here is the campervan one rankers.co.nz/tags/motorhomes-campervans-rv and here is the campground one rankers.co.nz/tags/holiday-park-camping-grou…

Try it out and see if it helps

cheers

Kiwi

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camper van hire

They are excellent, thanks for your trouble.

Looking forward to our visit in April.

Seattle, Washington
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camper van hire

Hi, rented a camper from Travellers Auto Barn in Perth for 10 days in January. The van was great and the service was very friendly - if a little slow - it was the day before Australia day and 6 other cars were getting picked up when I showed up, so I had to wait a little bit. That's the worst thing so not so bad. I lost a license plate on the second day and called in to report it, they made a note of my call so there was no problem when I returned the van. I've never rented from Jucy so can't compare, but can highly recommend the Perth Travellers Auto Barn.

5. Re: Camper van hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 21:18