We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

campsites during rugby world cup

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
campsites during rugby world cup

hi all, i've been struggling to book a campsite to park up my campervan in auckland for a couple of days at a match weekend. all of the regular campsites are either full or charging crazy money - does anyone know if there's a cheaper option? wellington are apparently opening up rugby clubs for campervans and designating certain on street zones as campervan only but i can't find anything like this that's happening in auckland!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

Hi

You may wish to try the Piha Domain Motor Camp:

www.pihabeach.co.nz/Piha-Camp.htm

This is about an hour from centre of town and Eden Park but about half an hour from nearest train stations. Train would be a good way to get to Eden Park as there is a station right next to it.

2. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2011, 01:35
Wellington, NZ
Level Contributor
341 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

The news today confirmed Alexandra Park (a horse racing park) would be opened to campervans:

tvnz.co.nz/national-news/campervans-being-sn…

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

$45 a night at Alexandra Park, don't expect 5 star, there will be hundreds of campervans using this option. But it'll be a great atmosphere and it's a good location not too far off the Southern Motorway and no doubt they'll have shuttles available to Eden Park.

Edited: 27 June 2011, 09:44
Auckland Region...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

Hi, you can try my school we are opening it up to campervans. We are in walking distance away fron Eden Park. We are at 140 Haverstock Road Sandringham Auckland N.Z. Hurry before they are all taken.

Phone us Auckland 09 815 6349.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

hi guys, i'd forgotten about this post! i have since booked into the westhaven site, having gotten in touch with tourism auckland back in march. it looks like there's now better value to be had elsewhere though. still, this might be a handy reference for others looking to do the same.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

Hi, would it be possible to get an email address for your school. Would be much obliged if possible as am abroad in South America and accessing a phone is difficult. Thanks,

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

IrishLaur, send them a PM via Tripadvisor. The school may not think to check back on this post.

Auckland Region...
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

waymouth cosy club opening as camp ground campers find them yellow pages dot co dot nz they have food bar sky tv and supermarket exc not far if your on a budget

Auckland Region...
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: campsites during rugby world cup

sorry its weymouth cosmopolitan and sports club any questions email me cohenbrown@hotmail.com